Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
This would be a pretty good word. This is what Kamm/ Fachsenfeld did at FKFS to create the 'Kamm-back.' Take the low-Verjungungsverhaltnisse Jaray body and loft its aft-body up to the 'template' contour. It gives you more useful internal volume, kills separation, kills lift,to make a 'neutral' lift body.
Drag coefficient is dependent upon the Vergungungsverhaltnisse (the ratio of the length of the aft-body,divided by the body height (not the overall height of the car), presented as a ratio. The lowest drag is achieved at V = 5:1.
(My bold in the above quote.) You are spreading lies again. As anyone who doesn't subscribe to the strange theories of 'Aerohead' would immediately realise, the shape you nominate has a lot of lift. The Porsche Taycan is just the latest example - but a good one because we have data for it.

Note for people keeping track, 'Aerohead' is later in the quote again spreading misleading rules of thumb.

Last edited by JulianEdgar; 06-10-2020 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-12-2020)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
(My bold in the above quote.) You are spreading lies again. As anyone who doesn't subscribe to the strange theories of 'Aerohead' would immediately realise, the shape you nominate has a lot of lift. The Porsche Taycan is just the latest example - but a good one because we have data for it.

Note for people keeping track, 'Aerohead' is later in the quote again spreading misleading rules of thumb.
You sir, have impugned my dignity and honor in public, and I challenge you to a duel!
And I get to choose weapons.
And I choose fluid mechanics rather than pistols.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the signal, take 8-paces, turn an fire, with the best science at your disposal, and we'll let the chips fall as they may.