EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Events & Meet-ups (https://ecomodder.com/forum/events-meet-ups.html)
-   -   2022 Green Grand Prix: April 8th at Watkins Glen, NY (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/2022-green-grand-prix-april-8th-watkins-glen-40064.html)

UltArc 03-12-2022 04:21 PM

2022 Green Grand Prix: April 8th at Watkins Glen, NY

Please check out Green Grand Prix - Home for more details and information. Bob has announced this year that the full course (including the boot) will be in play.

Ecomodders are free, but this is a great cause, so please contribute if you can. Fantastic event by Bob with the help of Watkins Glen, and Toyota.

I'll be back to the six cylinder class, this year. . . .

Image of full track w/ elevations. The boot will add a pretty substantial drop in elevation for us.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9f/00/29/9...ons-routes.jpg

Vman455 03-13-2022 10:13 PM

Dang, I hadn't heard we're using the boot this year. I'm excited to go back after 2 years away due to travel restrictions.

UltArc 03-17-2022 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vman455 (Post 664590)
Dang, I hadn't heard we're using the boot this year. I'm excited to go back after 2 years away due to travel restrictions.

In. . . . Seven (?) Years, I've never seen the boot used. That elevation change is huge. I was planning to do the event 100% stock, but I may need a kill switch for that huge coast. I'm still waiting for my car to arrive, and to figure out the best method.

svt98t 03-20-2022 10:11 AM

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to go this year.

I wasn't able to make it last time (Oct 2020).

But this should be fun! Bob said I'll be in the V-6 class, with my V-8. There's no chance of me winning, but I just want to see the best it can do, especially with all the new mods on it!

-ryan s.

Autobahnschleicher 03-20-2022 03:05 PM

Would be interesting to do that on the Nürburgring:rolleyes:

svt98t 03-31-2022 09:08 PM

As it turns out, I will not be able to attend.
According to Bob, the registration closed last Friday, so I'm out of luck.
Best of luck to those who are running!

-ryan s.

brucepick 04-07-2022 02:37 PM

I'm sorry I'll have to miss this year's event. My first miss since 2013. I hope to be back, along with my brother Steve, in 2023.

Yes, the boot should be "interesting"> :)
Any car that efficiently recharges a battery when braking should have an advantage in the boot. Of course they're in a separate class from pure fuel-burners, anyway.

The forecast now, is for partly cloudy weather during the event. That's better than snow or rain!
Weather Underground forcast

In an email discussion with Bob, he wrote something to the effect that the boot would be excluded if the weather isn't good. That really long (and kinda steep) downhill followed by a very tight hairpin would be hazardous if the surface is slippery.

I hope all Ecomodders and others involved have a great time tomorrow. I want to see reports and some photos!

brucepick 04-08-2022 12:15 PM

Here's a good article in today's Washington Post (early morning, Friday). It may have a paywall - I can't tell because I have a WP account.

Electrified! Green Grand Prix No. 18 at Watkins Glen

UltArc 04-10-2022 12:06 AM

The results are in!

This year, my first year with the 911, I did 36.1 MPG. 100% factory, except the modification from a deer with the front end. Helping out was the warm (for the GGP) weather, and less congestion with the addition of the boots length. Hurting me was the pace lap and the waiting at the start line being part of the mileage, and being stuck behind slow cars through the boot (no passing).

VMan won two awards, knocking it out of the park with over 69 MPG!!

I am disappointed Ecomodders were excluded from autocross this year.

Vman455 04-10-2022 01:27 PM

Bruce, if you come back next year I'll give your Insight a run for its money! Fantastic event this year, perfect weather, the Boot and the announcement of target speed just before we started shook things up, and seeing the new BZ4X up close finally was a treat. The one disappointment (for me): where are all the other modded cars? Aside from the EV conversions, every car there besides mine was stock.