Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #61 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
From reading some threads on tdiclub it sounds like the long crank at start-up is due to the high-pressure fuel pump losing pressure after sitting for a while. Which to me sounds like the beginning of a HPFP failure - which if it failed takes out the entire fuel system. $$$$$$

I don't have a lot of confidence in my TDI either. I was on the fence about buying a car with large tuning modifications done after production. The dieselgate warranty made me think that risk was acceptable but my warranty experience with local dealers makes me think I don't want the hassle.
I was worried about the sitting, but Carfax showed my buyback to fix and resale was less than 2 months. There was service evidence the previous owner was driving it right up to buyback. Then 5 weeks later my dealer had it in inventory, fixed it, and I bought it a week after that. I had heard some were sitting for almost a year but I don't think that was the 3.0s because they just needed a computer flash.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-30-2021, 12:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I know the Touraeg has a traditional automatic. That doesn't stop VW from calling all their automatics DSG.
Porsche has IIRC at some stage offered both a conventional automatic and the PDK for the previous-generation Cayenne, yet I'm unaware of an actual DSG to the Touareg.

Reply  Post New Thread