EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   210HP Honda Civic ,HWY commuter (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/210hp-honda-civic-hwy-commuter-2264.html)

FEET_ 05-11-2008 12:37 AM

210HP Honda Civic ,HWY commuter
 
Hi,
Came across this site from a Honda forum.
I commute to work 140kms a day (about 100miles?)

Saw the grill block DIY. and wondered about other aero mods for the all mighty +MPG.
Since i drive stupid distances to get a paycheck. The returns would be huge.

I have a 2001 4dr 2600lb Honda Civic with a Acura RSX 6Spd /Engine Swap.
I get approx 550kms for 12Gallon Tank.
91 Octane
So its not too bad.

xxxxxxxxx
Last sentence deleted for not realising there's HP Freaks here too :>
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/...7/IMG_690j.jpghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/...7/IMG_6902.jpghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/...35800_9527.jpg

SVOboy 05-11-2008 12:40 AM

The car looks good, and you gotta love the k20, what's the gearing like on the six speed?

Welcome to ecomodder! I doubt you'll find any hate here.

FEET_ 05-11-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 24838)
The car looks good, and you gotta love the k20, what's the gearing like on the six speed?

Welcome to ecomodder! I doubt you'll find any hate here.

hey! i came across this site because of you, haha.

Thanks. gotta love the Vtec when it kicks in.
Thats what i love about it, a regular economical honda engine down low in the rev range... +5800rpm-8200rpm its a beast.

Gear Ratio is 4.388
Revs about 3400 Rpm @ 120kms/hr

bhazard 05-11-2008 12:51 AM

Yeah, theres other performance minded cars here, like mine. The difference is your car was actually meant for economy as well.

SVOboy 05-11-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEET_ (Post 24840)
hey! i came across this site because of you, haha.

Thanks. gotta love the Vtec when it kicks in.
Thats what i love about it, a regular economical honda engine down low in the rev range... +5800rpm-8200rpm its a beast.

Gear Ratio is 4.388
Revs about 3400 Rpm @ 120kms/hr

Haha, did you see my link on honda-tech or something?

Wow, that ratio isn't very FE friendly. There aren't any alternate 6th gears out there, are there?

FEET_ 05-11-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhazard (Post 24841)
Yeah, theres other performance minded cars here, like mine. The difference is your car was actually meant for economy as well.

Thanks for the welcome

FEET_ 05-11-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 24842)
Haha, did you see my link on honda-tech or something?

Wow, that ratio isn't very FE friendly. There aren't any alternate 6th gears out there, are there?

i believe it was this one. http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22489

ya i know.. i dont think there is a alt. 6th gear.
it would be too much labor for me anyways.

bhazard 05-11-2008 01:39 AM

I dont think a higher gear would be good for that car anyway, that engine thrives on higher rpms. You dont wanna get it too low to where it cant keep the car moving.

SVOboy 05-11-2008 01:51 AM

I think the car would easily stay moving at 2k at 140 kmh versus 3400, :p

bhazard 05-11-2008 01:56 AM

140kph is almost 90mph. I dont think even big diesels turn as low as 2000 rpm at 90mph. Also think about what rpms it would be turning at 55mph if it did 2000 rpm at close to 90.

What speed to you travel at most frequently?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com