Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

$3k-$5k, WTB a Gen 1 Manual in decent condition. Share this post if you know someone who wants to sell.

Mods delete if I'm in the wrong area, or feel free to copy and place into the correct area, or if you're awesome P.M. to someone you think might want to sell their daily insight

Hey guys, I Sold my insight 2 years ago (had less than 98K on it) and bought a Prius. I'm looking to go back to Honda, but I want something that an enthusiast has owned or daily drives for years. Grid Charger is a plus, something that has upgraded batteries or still has the functioning Battery in it. I'm not afraid of modifing anything, I have a CNC machine to make parts. prefer something that has not been in an accident.

Willing to pay $3k-$5k for decent mileage, decent transmission(not too horrible syncro's), preferrably adult owned and maintained. Color doesn't matter, I just want 5-speed is a must. I'm not too picky just want something nice for the money.

I'm hardly ever on here(the forums in general) but feel free to reach out to me through email(if this is allowed) if you are serious about selling your daily, I'm located in Sarasota, FL. I have been on this forum for a couple of years, just haven't had that much time to stay super active since I sold my Insight. shoot me an email if you have pictures of what you drive Brettwcollins at gmail dot com (trying to avoid bot emails)

Thanks guys/gals,
Brett Collins

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
I think Natalya's still selling hers. A little over 200K but appears very well maintained. Needs a new hybrid battery, but you can to a lithium conversion with 3x (I think?) the capacity for $1300.

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tty-37861.html

Check out InsightCentral.net as well, there are several people selling Insights on there. Eric Powers in Wisconsin (can contact on InsightCentral) may have a few leads as well.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)
The Following User Says Thank You to mpg_numbers_guy For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-21-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

It was listed as Sold! dang it, that one looked pretty good for what they were asking! pretty much similar to that would be awesome! I'm not too picky, I just want to get something that has a nice body and decent paint to start with.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
My bad, I should've followed the InsightCentral link and seen that. Keep an eye on there, Craigslist, and facebook marketplace. Deals pop up every now and then. I was prepared to drive a few hours to get mine, but mine popped up only 20 minutes from my house. Found it on facebook marketplace. Eric might know of one of two, but those would probably be nearer Wisconsin than you.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)
Old 11-20-2019, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I actually have a really good query system for filtering nationwide Craigslist posts which works pretty well for me. I have used that in the past few months, and have found 2 really really good deals, but when I tried to get a plane ticket to fly up and pay cash for them, they are already sold by that time..
Old 11-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
My son has one sitting in his driveway with a working IMA. It's silver like most, not torn up and everything works on it as far as I know. He quit driving it after he bought my old Volt, it's just not the same after you get a Volt!
Not sure about the synchros, we've had so many G1 Insights in the family I can't remember how his was, but I'm pretty sure he's got a grid charger for it, and it may still have the Daox 3-button shift knob on it

We're about an hour and a half from you in Lakeland up 75 and I-4 east, if you're interested I'll let him know and you guys can talk. He had it on Craigslist for a while but these don't sell well when gas is cheap so he took it off, but he still wants to sell it

He's a member here btw, here's a link to the car:

https://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage...vehicleid=8959

Last edited by cowmeat; 11-20-2019 at 05:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to cowmeat For This Useful Post:
Xist (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yeah tell him I got cash right now I'll come pick it up. As long as everything checks out. Let me know I can give you my phone number so we can text if you want?
Old 11-21-2019, 04:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
PM me you name and number and I'll get it to him today, or you can PM him from the link and I'll let him know to check his messages

Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I appreciate all the help guys, he just emailed me and I think we are going to get it setup.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

Red 2000 Insight (2017 through 2019) - '00 Honda Insight 5MT
90 day: 64.72 mpg (US)

Red 2000 Lithium Insight (2020) - '00 Honda Insight LTO
90 day: 71.76 mpg (US)
Did you end up buying it?

Reply  Post New Thread