Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I already fixed the cowl leak I read up on there about the plugs, and said screw that... ~$50+ for a fix that will almost certainly fail again? I just caulked the crap out of it and stuck it back on. I tested it thoroughly with a hose before completely re-assembling it, and it doesn't leak (nor should it again... ever). and it was only a couple bucks. But anyway, this other leak is in the passenger floor (front and rear). I don't exactly know how it got there, though. I'm thinking sunroof because it is supposedly where one of the drain tubes drains in the front (conveniently over the ECU...). In the back passenger floor... it is coming up from below. I swab it up... and it seeps up from under the dynamat-like stuff (I'm thinking it comes in front the front passenger side, then flows under something, to there).

I'm debating on whether to fix it or just caulk it up, too lol

The car is already uncomfortably low. I have to actually pay attention on the road for rocks, small bumps, sticks, etc. Going down the driveway is like rock crawling... so I can't lower it, or add side-skirts or an air dam. I'm thinking of removing the mud guards and bolting on coverings for the back wheels... and hoping that they won't just function as portable mud storage.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread