EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Albertan EV Builder (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/albertan-ev-builder-1382.html)

sharp21 03-12-2008 08:23 PM

Albertan EV Builder

Hey Gang!
I just registered over on the diyelectriccar forums so figured I would join here as well.
I am changing my ways, getting rid of the s10 with the v8 so as to build an s10 with 144v!
Wish me luck
S.

SVOboy 03-12-2008 08:30 PM

Sounds like a great project! Can you fill us in on the details?

Welcome to the site!

Gone4 03-12-2008 08:32 PM

If you tell us you are building an EV then you should already be well aware you need to furnish the forums with a build thread, update logs, and lots of pictures :D

Welcome to ecomodder and I look forward to hearing the projects progress.

H4MM3R 03-12-2008 09:15 PM

Welcome to the community.

MetroMPG 03-12-2008 09:56 PM

Hi sharp21 - welcome! I think you just wrote me a message from YouTube today, didn't you? Anyway - glad to see you here. Looking forward to another build thread.

-Darin

sharp21 03-12-2008 10:56 PM

Nope not me on YouTube... Unless my account got hacked!
As far as the project goes, its still in the planning / financing phase. I just sold my old ratrod volare, now I am trying to figure out the best thing to do with the s10. Its an 84 extended cab. Initially I was gonna pull the small block & sell that, then use the truck as my donor, but its an automatic which means I would need to swap in a manual. Not to mention there is a bunch of bodywork to be done & the interior is brown...
So now I am going to list it as is, but if it doesnt sell before I get home from work next month I will do the bodywork & primer it, then try to get some more $$$ out of it!
I figure the swap will be enough work without having to rebuild the whole vehicle!
S.

MetroMPG 03-12-2008 11:01 PM

Funny coincidence then - someone contacted me earlier today, interested in doing an S10 EV. I mentioned signing up here and at diyelectriccar.com :)

bennelson 03-12-2008 11:38 PM

Keep us posted.

I have a small S10, with a 5-speed.

Part of the appeal of it was the idea of maybe converting it to electric.

I think I may end up using it to haul the Metro off to various car shows!

elhigh 03-13-2008 10:53 AM

Schweet. Pull the bed and mount all the batts low, between and around the frame rails. It'd look stock - and the underside of the batt tray doubles as a belly pan!

Big ups for pulling the trigger. I can't make myself do it. My commute's too long, can't modify so much of the truck's carrying capacity away (I need the poundage capacity for firewood).

Daox 03-13-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenKreton (Post 13947)
If you tell us you are building an EV then you should already be well aware you need to furnish the forums with a build thread, update logs, and lots of pictures :D

Welcome to ecomodder and I look forward to hearing the projects progress.

I couldn't have said it better. :)