EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://ecomodder.com/forum/introductions.html)
-   -   Another AYGO (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/another-aygo-19161.html)

Sykomor 10-15-2011 02:33 PM

Another AYGO

Ecomodder.com has already been very helpful in my aim for 3,5l/100km so thanks all for a great community.
My car is a 2007 Toyota Aygo -- IGOR -- which just got quick and dirty wheel covers; a roll of self adhesive plastic did the trick and I'm in the process of calibrating my new UltraGauge.
My biggest still unanswered question is how to accelerate but I guess the UltraGauge will be helpful. Soon I will lower the car 30 mm and planning on grill block. LED:s in the trunk waiting.

Daox 10-16-2011 10:17 AM

Welcome to the site.

euromodder 10-17-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 265689)
Ecomodder.com has already been very helpful in my aim for 3,5l/100km so thanks all for a great community.

Welcome aboard.

What tricks and techniques are you using to get that kind of mileage ?
You're putting a good many diesels drivers to shame :thumbup: including me :o

Sykomor 10-17-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euromodder (Post 265942)
Welcome aboard.

What tricks and techniques are you using to get that kind of mileage ?
You're putting a good many diesels drivers to shame :thumbup: including me :o

I aim for 3,5l/100km but I'm not there yet. The last fillings have resulted in about 3,8. The 8% should be possible I guess starting with grill block followed by wheel skirts.
I'll start a thread about the ongoing IGOR-project but in short it's mostly about driving style I guess: It takes forever to get to and from work.

Arragonis 10-18-2011 07:38 AM

Another Aygo - woo hoo! And doing some superb MPGs too. Like the wheel covers. What LEDs are you going to use, are these for DRLs ?

Are you planning to block the whole grill or just the bottom ? I've blocked the nostrils (upper grill, either side of the big T) on mine. Hard to tell if there is any difference yet due to the non-stop gales we've been having.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-ar...llsblocked.jpg

Going to block the bottom when it gets colder, and then maybe look at the underside in spring - too cold just now :rolleyes:

vtec-e 10-18-2011 11:54 AM

Welcome! You are indeed putting "some" diesel drivers to shame!:)

Sykomor 10-18-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 266069)

It's not a competition, is it? :)

Arragonis 10-18-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomor (Post 266084)
It's not a competition, is it? :)

Well no...

...but its nice to win :thumbup:

Are you starting a project thread ?

Sykomor 10-18-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arragonis (Post 266045)
Another Aygo - woo hoo! And doing some superb MPGs too. Like the wheel covers. What LEDs are you going to use, are these for DRLs ?

Are you planning to block the whole grill or just the bottom ? I've blocked the nostrils (upper grill, either side of the big T) on mine. Hard to tell if there is any difference yet due to the non-stop gales we've been having.

Going to block the bottom when it gets colder, and then maybe look at the underside in spring - too cold just now :rolleyes:

I changed the parking lights to these: [OOps, not allowed to post links. 28 LED:s in a "bulb" W ww.ebay.com/itm/170704812150?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649] so I won't have to use the H4:s during daylight. Also LED:s in rear/brake.

Im planning to block just the bottom; I believe in cold air intake.

I'll try to start a thread with my mods in a couple of days... The language is going to be a bit of a problem but I'll try my best.

Sykomor 10-18-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtec-e (Post 266069)

The EPA is really high to begin with. 15% over EPA is not impressive compared to a lot of users here.