Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Sticky 13-inchers?

Do they even make those?
Yes, actually. 175/70/13s still have a good selection. Something with some good sidewall strength as well would be healthy. I've been carting the CRX around some back roads at wicked speeds, and have been very impressed with the basic Michelins that are on it. Credit to the well sorted car, but the tires show no signs of rolling the tread under (White lines on that Insight are likely for measuring this), and I've yet to reach the tires' limits or any unavoidable understeer (bit of braking brings things in line). These are speeds well above what you'd face in a Auto-x, and with an average set of tires.

175/70/13s, not terrible wide, but don't need much to keep these little cars on the road.

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread