Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Our friend has taken some first aid courses (his friend works in an ambulance crew) and showed us a few vids about why you shouldn't start driving until you, and your passengers, are all buckled up. Most of the videos were made in UK, and they were very drastic, but they really got you thinking.

I used to lie to my Mom about buckling my seat belt until I saw a horrible accident at age 8. Since then I've been a pain in the arse about seat belts to anyone who I'm riding with (not only when I'm driving).

One of the vids showed that even if you fastened your seat belt, then you are still at risk from the bodies of other passengers that didn't buckle up. It was titled something like "Getting to know each other closely", I can't find it now.

What I hate to see are little kids standing between the front seats in a moving car. I'd take the kid away from his parents and get them neutered for that. Risking your own life is one thing, risking the lives of others is unacceptable!

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ecomodder en route

Vib - '04 Pontiac Vibe base
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I openly advocate a young start in autocross and moderate youth racing leagues/classes. If you start when it's fun, you'll know what to do when it's necessary.
I agree. We cant let traction control and such de-sensitize us from the road. I, for one, am going to take my car out to the frozen lake once I get my license, and learn some evasive driving.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Geo - '93 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
I agree. We cant let traction control and such de-sensitize us from the road. I, for one, am going to take my car out to the frozen lake once I get my license, and learn some evasive driving.
You're not really going to do what you need to do on a frozen lake.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
crash, driver, family, safety, seat belt