Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
The prelude seats I got came from a 92 life the eg rail needs to be swapped on the outside of the seat. You do have to drill 3 holes for this to work. The inside rail needs to to be modified if you want the front bolt to work. Right now seats only have 3 bolts holding them down. If I get in a serious enough wreck that I'm concerned about seats shearing off there are probably worse things killing me. All in all fairly easy. The intermittent wiper my original stalk was broke so why not put in the upgrade. Its actually decent for the sweep speed. I forgot I also undercoated the inside of the rear cargo area. Done after stripping all rear interior. Rustproofs and deadens the road noise a bit.

Last edited by Rusty94cx; 05-12-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Generally, rear disk brakes are not really more effective than rear drums. This is definitely observed in the CRX, and I think in the Civic as well. The Civic/CRX disks are generally easier to work on than the Civic drums, however.

I would rate a cupholder as an excellent comfort upgrade. I used to use the gap between the passenger's seat and the handbrake console to hold bottles, but an actual cupholder would have been very convenient. There are people who cut up the center console and remove the cubby below the stereo to install a pop-out cupholder from either an Accord or an Integra. Other solutions are possible.

The AC and cruise control are also very good, and seats that actually fit you as well.

-soD
Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
There is a Cup holder and it works. It only holds a can or a smaller travel mug. It was the first repair I did to the car. Got to have the oe stuff there and working. I'm looking for a black arm rest if someone has one hint hint. I almost got some newer civic seats but they were a little more $.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Panda - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.55 mpg (US)

Charles II - '05 Honda Accord EX-L
90 day: 27.6 mpg (US)

Fitrari - '07 Honda Fit Sport
90 day: 36.4 mpg (US)
Old thread but how did you add the front sway bar without the factory mounting holes in the subframe? You drill your own?

Reply  Post New Thread