Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thank you all for your concern. The oil's I have been using are high$ Castrol Motorcycle 10-40.

I still have not found out if this is a wet, or dry clutch.

I would be more than willing to switch to Rotella.

I've been putting this off since my last ride, as this rates as about #5 down my vehicle list.

Another clue may be that when I lean alot only on right curves, I hear a strong buzzing sound from the front end, that sounds cable like to me. Though, I've never heard that sound on a bike before; I really don't think it's a wheel bearing.

With tight money concerns, not wanting to do high shop rates if can be avoided, and not really closely knowing anybody else that rides, I've been slow on this.

I have 2 different shop manuals, and a friend who naturally is VERY wrench minded, so I'm planning on a less slick oil, a new cable, w adjustment help from my friend.

Please be patient. When I get through the above, I'll share what happens!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Yes, it's a wet clutch (clutch is in the engine oil) fallow the instructions on clutch adjustment in your two books and see how far out of wack it is, if it was tight then maybe that was your problem, if the clutch cable and adjustment have been tight for a while that could wear the clutch out faster and get it to a point where it's slipping, either way adjusting the cable is easy and the clutch release arm is pretty easy to adjust as well, if you do decide that you need new clutch plates and want used ones let me know, I have a spare Honda CX500 engine sitting on the work bench in my shop at my parents house that is seized that I'm willing to pull parts off and mail.

Reply  Post New Thread