Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Car has just had 2x new 205/60/15 Tyres fitted to the rear..

So here's to lower MPG as they bed in , and I try to figure out what affect its having on my mileage..milometer is fed off the diff, and previous rears were at 1.61mm, new ones have circa 9mm of tread..

on the Plus side- Looks like I'll be having at least 1 car day at the unit this weekend-may get an under tray fitted or grill block done..

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

That engine came with adjustable cam sprockets from the factory you could change the timing to get you the best gas mileage, probably tune them for more low end torque. Get a U.S.A spec aribox , it's smaller. Take out the back seats, there is a how to at bimmerforums(dot) com lol can't post urls yet
There is a product called SEAFOAM its works great for cleaning out carbon build up if you use it in vacuum lines and throttle body. Also check you vaccum lines and replace any if needed, then remove your AFM and throttle body and clean them out with some throttle body cleaner. Also Disconnect your battery for 10mins then hook it back up and it will reset you DME then drive for the best mpg you can and it will adjust the A/F ratio to better suit your more economic driving. You could also try shifting without the clutch the shift points for me are at about X100 to X400 rpm just be careful you might have to pop it in gear but you shouldn't need too much force if it won't go in just stick the clutch in. Electric fan conversion they are super cheap on ebay. Altogether these should be fairly inexpense but you might want to have a shop change the cam timing, your car has a cam position sensor and knock sensor so don't let them BS you into having to change the ignition timing and a/f ratio cuz it will do that by itself.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

IS - '92 BMW E36 318IS
90 day: 38.73 mpg (US)

90 - '95 Honda Civic EG4 VX
90 day: 43.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
I have an e46 undertray at the unit, from the next gen 3 series.. both the e36 and 46 share the same suspension design/general dimensions, so I'm hoping it bolts right up (failing that, I'll "persuade" it to fit).

As for the Coro- 3x A3 sheets should be enough to block the upper and lower grills, surely?

or is that auction for 1 A3 sheet?
Can you confirm that the e46 undertray is valid for e36?.

Reply  Post New Thread