Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2022, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
Bolt-O-Mino - EV Aerodynamic Ratings List

Lots of used Chevy Bolts with brand new batteries will hit the market this spring. It might be time to experiment. How low could a Bolt-O-Mino pickup go with an extended tail and a slick cap?

So I'm photoshlopping. The first rendering is rough, working on the tail. I'll post it soon. Not sure what to do with the nose. A cheap EV pickup would be crazy cool.

So many new EVs this year, but only one that gets close to the EV1's crazy low 0.19 Cd rating. I'm compiling a list of EV Aero ratings:

EV Coefficient of Drag List

The Following User Says Thank You to MPGomatic For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-31-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-31-2022, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
how low

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGomatic View Post
Lots of used Chevy Bolts with brand new batteries will hit the market this spring. It might be time to experiment. How low could a Bolt-O-Mino pickup go with an extended tail and a slick cap?

So I'm photoshlopping. The first rendering is rough, working on the tail. I'll post it soon. Not sure what to do with the nose. A cheap EV pickup would be crazy cool.

So many new EVs this year, but only one that gets close to the EV1's crazy low 0.19 Cd rating. I'm compiling a list of EV Aero ratings:

EV Coefficient of Drag List
The 2019, GAC ENO. 146, @ Cd 0.146, is presently the benchmark for basement BEV Cd.
The 1993 GM Impact/ EV1,LSR car however, holds the record for a 'street' BEV, @ Cd 0.137 and 183-mph.
All the low-drag cars are basically cribbing R.G.S. Whites 'recipe' car from his 1969, SAE Paper 690189,' A Method of Estimating Automobile Drag Coefficients.'
In spirit, it produces Cd 0.245. Without any wheel skirts.
I leaned on it heavily for the Toyota T-100 mods. With all mods tested, and as a 'camera' truck, it indicated for as low as Cd 0.1418 @ the A2 Wind Tunnel, according to ground rules.
There's a lot of fruit to pick out there!