Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2019, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Brickseek the most useless website ever created

I am uncertain what the appeal of brickseek is.

In my area there are always under 20 deals available locally
90% of which are video games no one liked.

Search function is useless, the amount of time required to make use of it exceeds the time it would take to go to the store and check the clearance areas in person

When I have looked at something in the clearance and checked brickseek for said item it’s never on brickseek making the data quite suspect

Beyond time waster

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Winsight - '06 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 72.19 mpg (US)
I think us normal folk get the scraps and whatever membership thing they have going on get there first. If there is anything for the first people to show up at the stores at all. You better believe employees are after these deals too and they're one of the first to see it.

Some people apparently try to make a living or serious side income off buying these things out which ruins it.

I'm just a normal guy, so I'm on slickdeals and check the brickseek links, I'm also a member of the facebook group. On the facebook group I did score a Pit Boss pellet grill for $250 (normal price $500). Some locations even dropped the price more, but I'm happy with my deal.

I used to wonder how the online things would vanish on slickdeals before I could get in as well, then I got the app with notifications and that's been pretty decent.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
I have gotten tons of clearance stuff but never because of brickseek and usually the thing I got isn’t listed on the site.

My guess is the brickseek notifications probably doesn’t work when your area has exactly one target, one Walmart and the nearest Home Depot is 90 miles away.

There was one time I found a clearance tv in stock on brickseek and it was at a small out of the way Target 90 miles away.

I didn’t need a tv but I was surprising to see something on clearance “nearby” since that had never happened ever before.

Ah well, too bad so sad

Reply  Post New Thread