Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Like so much else, it depends. '80s Toyota or similar used for hauling = useful tool. Jacked-up 4WD F450 used for daily office commute = ineffective penis enhancer :-)
At this point you're right.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Right now my Ranger would be number 200 out of 380 vehicles on the car list in this forum, so about half the cars here are getting lower mileage than my truck. It's a stripper with rubber floor mats, manual windows and no power steering. 3.45 rear axle and a .80 overdrive 5th gear. It sits out in the weather while everything else is in the garage. Cost me $1650 with 124k miles. No rust outs anywhere and I actually have had very little to repair on the truck, just catching up on the maintenance. The plug wires are original 1997 dated, but I did replace the original plugs at 125k. They were iridium.

I loaned it to my neighbor across the street so he could get the money together to fix his own truck, a Toyota, which almost lost the water pump, which would have ran the fan and fan clutch into the radiator and wrecked all 3. My other neighbor (who fixed the truck) told him the fan belt was all that was holding the water pump together. He could not believe it had not come apart. I rode in his truck 1 mile and told him to turn around and park it until he could get it fixed.

regards
Mech

Reply  Post New Thread