Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2023, 05:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Can you cook a potato with a potato?

First of all, what kind of question is that? Second, you just mash a potato, dry it in the sun, and use it as fuel, right?

Oh, my sweet summer child: He tries to use a potato battery to bake a potato!

He decided to put a potato in a jar with a small heating element in the lid, wrap it in aerogel and then that brown tape they use for electronics, and then encased everything in a bunch of foam board, but it barely did anything, so he used a tiny potato in a small jar, four layers of aerogel, a ton of foam board, and like a two-foot stack of zinc plates, copper plates, and potato powder.

That still was not enough.

Then he made a pedal-powered generator and with all of the insulation and a much longer cooking time, he baked a potato, while a world-class cyclist could not toast bread.

It reminded me of this: These weirdos kind of had a collaboration. They challenged each other to build something from the garbage and then I started watching Joel create things, which was about as enjoyable as watching Thingdoer do things, but the problem with Thingdoer is that, while he is so funny that I periodically am at risk of choking on food or drink, he curses, makes bathroom jokes, has censored nudity, and twice has worn his jeans which might have been inspired by Jamie Foxx's impersonation of Prince selling jeans without back pockets--or the material underneath.

I finally found it!

This guy seems to make some interesting videos. This wasn't necessarily the best example, just the one that YouTube suggested:
Quote:
If you've ever wanted to see me in person and Backyard Scientist and Code Bullet and Emily the Engineer and 75 of the best science YouTubers there are we're all going to be together in San Francisco on July 15th and 16th at Open Sauce. It's like if a YouTube convention, a carnival, and a science fair had a three-way baby and Open Source isn't owned by Twitch, YouTube, or Tick Tock. It's our event we are making this for you. We've got a venue with over a hundred and fifty thousand square feet of space to fill with giant robots, interactive exhibits, art, and whatever crazy inventions you guys want to show off. If you've got a project, Open Sauce is accepting exhibitor applications and we still have a lot of space to fill and everyone can buy tickets today at Open Sauce Live. See you in San Francisco, nerds!
I had never heard of him or Emily the Engineer, but I have enjoyed several Code Bullet videos.

I guess Backyard Scientist is okay.

It showed ElectroBoom and I think a few others I recognized, so it sounds cool, but I didn't have the time for this before I was accepted into grad school!

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-28-2023, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
teresita.nichols

So entertaining!

Reply  Post New Thread