Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes, my site... I'm always happy to hear constructive criticisms; anonymous digs via random forum threads, not so much

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
I'd rather be biking

Lexie - '98 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.46 mpg (US)

Beater Hauler - '92 Isuzu Pickup

Rentaclipse - '08 Mitsubishi Eclipse ?
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Fahrt - '83 BMW R80 ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktoo View Post
Yes, my site... I'm always happy to hear constructive criticisms; anonymous digs via random forum threads, not so much
Fair enough and sorry bout that.

There is just too much info to work through when you're trying to find something. Most places have a drop-down box for Make, Model, Year, etc. This way you can drill down quickly without having to look at a lot of results that you don't want.

The way it is setup currently you have to scroll through a very long, multi-column list which is hard for the user. Then, for a make like Honda with a lot of results, you have to scroll through a long list of items that are very similar.

You can build the dropdowns with a few well written SELECT statements. You already have specification filters, just extend them to the make/model/year and you'll be all set.

My bike runs on dihydrogen monoxide.
I like to use these acronyms
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Thanks for the suggestions... I have added a select for the manufacturer (top right), not sure how to deal with the plentiful results per manufacturer though - I think me best bet is to encourage the use of the search function, which should make narrowing things down a lot easier. I'll work on that rather than trying to make a complicated select widget for the manufacturer page.

To briefly respond to the other posts, yes, most specifications are directly from the manufacturers. No user-submitted specs are accepted (anecdotal top speeds, for instance).

Most often, trim levels are omitted. This is because a manufacturer will offer various trim levels with identical technical stats. I don't have time enough to get all unque models in, let alone 3 or 4 variants of exactly the same data. Future plans include adding aliases so that I can duplicate just the model name.

And lastly, if those who struggled to find their cars could please briefly mention what cars they are, I'll either add them if they're not there, or point you to their page if they are already in the database.

Thanks all for the interest, and if I can help in any way, please just shout...

Cheers

Zak
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'd rather be biking

Fahrt - '83 BMW R80 ST
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions... I have added a select for the manufacturer (top right), not sure how to deal with the plentiful results per manufacturer though - I think me best bet is to encourage the use of the search function, which should make narrowing things down a lot easier. I'll work on that rather than trying to make a complicated select widget for the manufacturer page.
Zak
Yeah, looking more closely you may have to restructure your data, since it doesn't seem to be broken down into make/model/year.

I have a 98 Civic LX, US. There are many Civics in the JP category but only 2 years worth of Accords in the US (and a Saber ). Are the JP specs that different from the US specs?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxchain View Post
Yeah, looking more closely you may have to restructure your data, since it doesn't seem to be broken down into make/model/year.

I have a 98 Civic LX, US. There are many Civics in the JP category but only 2 years worth of Accords in the US (and a Saber ). Are the JP specs that different from the US specs?
Yup, the US specs generally are quite different.

"Honda" as a US marque should be rethought on my part. It would be better just having all Hondas as Japanese, even though some may be US-specific. The Saber has been assigned to the "wrong" Honda. It's been moved back to Honda Japan ;-)
Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cool

Boxchain, I have added your car's data, which I found (via honda.com) after quite a lot of digging around online:

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...ar/?car=173668

Cheers

Zak
Old 04-12-2008, 12:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
I'd rather be biking

Fahrt - '83 BMW R80 ST
Quote:
Boxchain, I have added your car's data, which I found (via honda.com) after quite a lot of digging around online:

http://www.carfolio.com/specificatio...ar/?car=173668

Cheers

Zak
TYVM! Still no aero data, which is what I was looking for, but I'm guessing that Honda never published it.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
Red
Master EcoModder

zaktoo any data on a 2000 Honda Insight and a 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi again

Red: I have added data for the Insight & the Wrangler. Please take a look on the site (easiest probably to go to the Latest Additions page).

HTH

Cheers

Zak

BTW, that Wrangler has aerodynamic data. It's unbelievably bad! ;-)
Old 04-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi boxchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxchain View Post
TYVM! Still no aero data, which is what I was looking for, but I'm guessing that Honda never published it.
No, I haven't been able to find aero data for the 6th generation civics, not in Japanese info, European info or US info. Sorry

Reply  Post New Thread