Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
It could also be something as simple as fouled spark plugs, I'm always surprised at how people neglect their cars and have had a few friends now who thought their car was scrap because it died or would hardly run, $8 worth of spark plugs latter and it's all better.
That literally happened to me on Monday. Low mile Chevy Tracker, never had a problem with it, just got it back from getting a new clutch in it. Friend wanted to buy it so he was driving us to the store and it started to misfire, and the CEL came on. Turns out that when your spark plugs are supposed to be gapped at .028 and they are so worn that a .040 feeler gauge still has room around it, that a car won't run so great lol. I never thought to check before because the stupid thing had brand new ignition wires on it when I got it, so I figured they had done the plugs at the same time. Who spends $60 on wires but not $8 for new plugs?? People do weird things to their cars, never assume that the simplest problems are too obvious and someone "must have tried that already" ha ha

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread