Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ethel - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 53.44 mpg (US)
Civic VX engine swap ?'s (anyone have a rust FREE civic shell)

Hey all,

I have several questions so here they go...

I have a 92 civic vx that I am currently in the process of doing paint and body work on. The amount of rust that the car had is not large, but as someone who does paint and body I ABSOLUTELY HATE rust. The problem is that there is no way to completely eliminate it, just slow the problem down. I may go ahead and finish the body work and paint it, but I would rather find another car to swap my drive train into. That being said, here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know of/ have a rust free 92-95 civic shell for sale? I am not going to spend a lot of money, but I do require RUST FREE (not one speck, surface rust from damaged paint is OK). Paint can be bad but body must be good.

2. How hard would it be to swap my drive train into another civic of the same era? Is it as simple as swapping the drive train and wiring harness or is there more (not real knowledgeable about Honda's, although they seem really simple)? I would love to have a 4 dr sedan VX, but this might make a substantial difference in the MPG??? Anyway, what do you think about this?

3. What about swapping my drive train into a civic of a different era? I would live to find a newer shell and swap the drive train into it, what difficulties will I run into with this (I know this question is very generic, please share any info/ideas you have)?

4. Any other fairly simple swaps I should know about. I am all for interesting and don't mind spending a little time to have a good mpg car in a rust free chassis. The only thing is that I need a car with a back seat at least (4 door better) as I have a wife and child (hopefully another one on the way shortly)

So help me find a suitable donor for my drive train, PLEASE. I am ready to buy now CASH IN HAND. By the way I am located in Missouri so the closer the better, but I WILL travel.

If you have or know of something or know of something let me know, you can call me ANYTIME (even just to chat options) my number is 573-682-4699. My name is Cole

Thanks

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Swapping is easy from any 92-00 Civic to another. You could also swap in to a 88-91 civic if you change transmission or buy a cable to hydro mount kit, which I believe exist.

Reply  Post New Thread