Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

jvsgears - '14 Skoda Octavia
Team m8
90 day: 52.47 mpg (US)
Clean up of list Top vehicules MPG (us)

I would suggest to split this list in EV and non EV. And also do some clean up. Some MPG values do not have a back up of sufficient fuel logs to be trusted. I find this important because this is the front page of ecomodder.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Maroon Ballon - '98 Chrysler Town & Country LXI
90 day: 26.42 mpg (US)

MaEsTRO - '95 Geo Metro 5spd hatch, 3 cyl
That sounds like a good idea.

I hear a lot of members saying "show me the numbers", so maybe there should be some more requirements for being on the top ten. More info about engine mods, aero mods, weight mods, and current, up to date logs.

And I'd like to see different classes like:
Gasoline only
Diesel only
Electric only
Hybrid (define combos)
Old 12-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team m8
I am glad somebody agrees.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
And I'd like to see different classes like:
Gasoline only
Diesel only
Electric only
Hybrid (define combos)
Motorcycles and/or scooters (define difference between small motorcycle and large scooter)
(thought about that when I saw janvos' avatar)

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
This is something we're constantly looking at, among the lists of dozens of other tasks we're currently working on on the site. I'll take a look at the code tonight, and if I haven't posted something send me a PM to make sure I'm on task and not getting distracted.

Part of the issue is that we can't go around changing the categories of vehicles willynilly. If we do, we'd have to expect 1000s of users to realize there was a change and go through the pain of updating themselves. Or we'd have to do it manually, which isn't really an option.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
MasterLurker

beefcake - '01 Saturn SL2
90 day: 29.33 mpg (US)

jett - '01 VW Jetta TDI
90 day: 45.5 mpg (US)
One idea would be to have an overall Top Ten list that everyone is a part of (which would show up on the main page) and then have a page of various top ten's by category.

Users vehicles could default to uncategorized (which would limit them to the overall list) until they specified a category in the vehicle profile, in which case they would be in both the overall list and their specific list. The specific list would still have to be pretty static though.

You all may be way ahead of me on this, but that's my 2-cents :-)
Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Team m8
SVO I am sorry that I cause extra work, but I made the remark only to improve the ecomodder. I personally enjoy reading the threads on a daily basis. It is a source of information and inspiration to get to work on my own project. Moderators and many others also bring in a lot of new ideas ,tests, links etc. It is an amazing amount of info. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by janvos39 View Post
SVO I am sorry that I cause extra work, but I made the remark only to improve the ecomodder. I personally enjoy reading the threads on a daily basis. It is a source of information and inspiration to get to work on my own project. Moderators and many others also bring in a lot of new ideas ,tests, links etc. It is an amazing amount of info. Keep up the good work.
No no, don't worry about extra work! It's been on the todo list for a while, and user suggestions really help to parse out what's most important to do first, so I do appreciate your input and after I go do some work for IRX I will take a look at our codebase and see how I can improve things.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
couple thoughts.

I think the top 10 list is handy for instilling friendly competition, but focusing on the lifespan of the car discourages experimentation/utility.

most folks worry about cost, but there isn't anything for it. I think rather an average payload field (in lbs, including driver) would be more informative, but hard to implement, perhaps another top 10 for those who put some effort into tracking it. Not too hard to imagine some pads that you park on in the garage or some other ramp/spring based dealybob.

but a top 10 based on last 90 days should encourage competition and not punish experiments gone wrong for eternity. A 90 day mpg in the garage would be useful to for sorting (i.e. ?sortby=mpg90 )
Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
natefish -

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish View Post
One idea would be to have an overall Top Ten list that everyone is a part of (which would show up on the main page) and then have a page of various top ten's by category.

Users vehicles could default to uncategorized (which would limit them to the overall list) until they specified a category in the vehicle profile, in which case they would be in both the overall list and their specific list. The specific list would still have to be pretty static though.

You all may be way ahead of me on this, but that's my 2-cents :-)
This makes a lot of sense. There are so many ways to look at the data. Make, model, curb weight, HP, auto vs stick. I like the idea of "opting in" to a catagory, because the extra category may require extra information on the part of the user.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread