Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Danger Ranger - '01 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4
90 day: 14.52 mpg (US)

Moms car - '05 Ford Freestyle Limited
90 day: 21.92 mpg (US)

Mistress - '10 Harley-Davidson 883 Sportster 883 Iron
90 day: 42.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to meemooer
i still dont understand why the "big"3 or domestic brands, don't make more hybrid small cars. there has got to be a way for the manufacturers to mount an electric motor to a rear wheel on a FWD if after market companies and "backyard" setups have been done

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Kawi - '04 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
90 day: 56.48 mpg (US)

The Monte - '99 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)

Mazda - '10 Mazda 3i
90 day: 35.15 mpg (US)
Granted that the 67% gain in mpg is great for the Escalade it shouldn't be sold in limited numbers. If they can offer a hybrid Escalade what about the rest of their vehicles. Thank you mavinwy for at least using a SUV for it's intended purpose instead of these "soccer/hockey" moms that drive most of the time alone and at most have 2 or 3 kids in the vehicle. I'm not opposed to driving a large vehicle when the situation calls for it, but when 95% of the time it's just extra space then it's a waste. If those people just bought a smaller SUV that got better fe they would be able to take the extra money and easily rent a larger vehicle any time they were going to need it.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Wicked Wanda - '99 VW Beetle GLS
90 day: 29.59 mpg (US)

Green Monster - '99 Ford Explorer Sport
90 day: 16.73 mpg (US)

Dad's Taxi - '99 Honda Odyssey EX
90 day: 24.23 mpg (US)
It's not just the Escalade. The hybrid is also available in the Tahoe/Yukon and four door pickup trucks. The amazing thing about these hybrids is they weigh exactly the same as the ICE versions, and there is no impact on carrying or towing capacity.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Nerdcycle - '81 Honda CM400E
Motorcycle
90 day: 61.16 mpg (US)

Trouble - '06 Kawasaki Ninja
90 day: 74.69 mpg (US)

Edna - '13 Nissan LEAF SV
Last 3: 126.4 mpg (US)

Tank - '20 Ford Expedition Limited
Last 3: 17.4 mpg (US)
GMs thinking on these is the same as it was for their flex fuel vehicle moves. Work on getting the fuel costs down on the vehicles where it is the highest. It makes sense because these will show the biggest difference with the least engineering because there's a lot more room to hide extra components and extra weight.

Even though I understand what they're doing it's still like giving the fat kid the "most improved" trophy for the soccer season, of course there was a lot of improvement, it couldn't have gotten worse!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
I saw a rig with "powered by biodiesel" in maine of all places..the hog of suvs. heck my four foot tall sister drives one...

I have yet to figure out what is so scary about a clean diesel...it is as simple as a 3 main boxer I guess, "must extinct makes too much sense for real integrity."

I hope gm ford and chrysler and world wide for all I care.. flunks more and more and more ..it weeds out the long timers stuck in old school rock heads like a military unit accepted as lifetimed royalty for the 5 minutes of nonevolutionary seconds of heroism...

Hybrid escalade. Hilarious. Call it the chevy hypocrate.I still don't know how to spell that..repeat.

Reply  Post New Thread