EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Contest! Name Paul & Sabrina's controller (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/contest-name-paul-sabrinas-controller-7676.html)

MetroMPG 03-30-2009 02:59 PM

Contest! Name Paul & Sabrina's controller

Contest!

Because "Paul & Sabrina's open source electric motor controller project" doesn't quite have the roll-off-the-tongue catchiness of the well-known "Cursit" or "Zilla" controllers, we thought it would be a good idea to hold a contest to bestow a memorable moniker on the mighty mosfets-in-a-box!

We think a good name will give the project an identity and help spread the word. Branding, ftw!

Prizes!

... Are a couple of EcoModder window clings AND another mosfet will be donated to the controller project from EcoModder on your behalf (so you get to name it too! It's just like having a child and sending him/her off into forced labour. What could be more fun!)

Suggestions:

I suggested Little Miss Mosfet (but my idea never wins, and I always seem to vote for the wrong stuff in polls, so you can ignore that).

Ben Nelson suggested "The Electric Cougar".

Don't like those? Well, whaddya got that's better, punk?! Let's hear 'em.

nubie 03-30-2009 03:25 PM

PWM - Paul Whipped Mosfets

:thumbup:

(OK it stinks, maybe I will toss it around for more than 20 seconds and try for a better one.)

Matt Herring 03-30-2009 03:30 PM

"PS144" for Paul & Sabrina's 144 volt controller or "Seattle 71" for Paul & Sabrina's location and the year of the car they built it for.

davidgrey50 03-30-2009 04:29 PM

I humbly (harrumph) submit EVIQ, or EVIQ Drive, if you prefer. E V for electric vehicle, I Q because it provides the intelligence which allows the vehicle to function. And because it rhymes with 'epic', which describes the achievement, and a Google search only turns up weird marginal uses. And it sounds cool, too.

davidgrey50 03-30-2009 05:29 PM

Or ELVIS: ELectric Vehicle Intermediary System...

davidgrey50 03-30-2009 05:36 PM

Or ECTOPLASM: Electric Car Total Overlord - PauL And Sabrina's Masterpiece. Sorry. I'll stop now - I've really gotta get some work done...

bennelson 03-30-2009 06:02 PM

I just had to post to subscribe to this thread.

From what I have seen so far, we are going to get some good submissions.

I will have to think up a really good one before I give my "official" entry!

mcmahon.craig 03-30-2009 06:37 PM

I vote Outstanding Project for Regulation of Amp-Hours.

Or OPRAH for short. :)

tasdrouille 03-30-2009 07:45 PM

MosWatt?

Something with open in it could be nice, I just can't think of anything though.

Tango Charlie 03-30-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmahon.craig (Post 94897)
I vote Outstanding Project for Regulation of Amp-Hours.

Or OPRAH for short. :)

Now THAT's funny, right there! :D

How about just 'Cougar' ?

"Yeah, I got me an old S10 and ripped out the dang engine and bolted in one o' them electric forklift motors. Dropped in a hundert an' forty-four volts of lead acids and built me one o' them Cougar controllers last weekend. Makes me giggle every time I pass the gas station..."