Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slow steppin'

2013 Coachman 21QBC - '12 Chevy Express 4500 RV
Talking Coroner drive the Cargo Hurse

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post a hello to everyone. I've been reading the mods and have already gleaned some good ideas. Currently, modding my Cargo Hurse 2012 Black Nissan NV 2500 HD Hightop. My nickname was given to me by the folks I often pick up freight from in Detroit, based on the Black van they say reminds them of a hurse.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slow steppin'

2013 Coachman 21QBC - '12 Chevy Express 4500 RV
Garden edging too thin - AL Flashing will do

I went out to get my materials for the side skirting. I found the garden edging with the width I needed but couldn't find anything that was the correct balance of stiff and forgiving at 4 1/2". The garden edging I didn't think would hold stiff enough at highway speeds and most of the other materials not made from rubber/plastic would have to be worked in a shop. I don't have a shop or garage that I can use at my whim, yet one that I can get into with enough advanced notice. This is difficult as to my profession of delivering cargo. So the hunt continued -- I did find some flashing that I will end up using, it will take some gentle modifications, but eventually will get trimmed and prepped for the Hurse.

I needed at least 10 feet by 4.5 inches per side and will only have to trim up the end pieces for a snug fit. The aluminum flashing will have to be folded over on one edge, but that will add the stiffness I am looking for, and if it hits hard, the alum will give and can be bent back easily enough.

Simple self tapping screws for the install along the 7/8" pinch extrusion at the bottom of the van, or I can bend the flashing and mount it flush to the inside of the pinch on the rocker panel or maybe both. That decision waits for install time. I do plan on before and after pics but that too will depend on time.

The main thing here is what difference will the side skirting make in mpg's, handling, etc., so I will also be logging the mod as I go. I only use 87 or 86 octane regular unleaded fuel in the Hurse, so the only difference will be if the fuel contains ethanol, which in most cases it does have the 10% according to the stickers at the pump (A long winded way to say I use regular gas).

To start off the project is the basics: Tires at 72psi all the way around, truck cleaned and washed, fresh oil and lube.

I'll post later when I have data for the beginning mpg's and under what conditions.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
introduction