EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Corvette Goes Mid Engine (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/corvette-goes-mid-engine-37681.html)

NeilBlanchard 07-22-2019 04:53 PM

Corvette Goes Mid Engine
 
Is this a surprise, or not? Is it too late to matter?

https://leftlanenews.com/chevrolet/c...ette-stingray/

https://photos5.leftlanenews.com/pho...off-2_1750.jpg

redpoint5 07-22-2019 06:04 PM

Corvette always seemed like the bargain sports car to me, and some of the past examples have returned pretty decent fuel economy. I'd maybe have been tempted as a midlife crisis purchase, but I'm not quite there yet, and I expect EVs will soon be the bargain sports car. I mean, the fastest version of the Model 3 is nearly there. The Model S has it beat.

Grant-53 07-22-2019 06:18 PM

A bit of a surprise but not the first time this has been proposed. I think this is a done deal. Market offerings by other companies are driving the update.

Frank Lee 07-22-2019 08:14 PM

I can get a felony speeding conviction with a Metro. Not sure what I'd do with Corvette performance.

oldtamiyaphile 07-22-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 602583)
I mean, the fastest version of the Model 3 is nearly there. The Model S has it beat.

Sure, if you go by the American standard of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times being the only defining characteristic of a 'sports' car.

rmay635703 07-22-2019 09:58 PM

Other stories stated this generation of corvette may come with a PHEV version

redpoint5 07-23-2019 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile (Post 602607)
Sure, if you go by the American standard of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times being the only defining characteristic of a 'sports' car.

As I say, I'm not ready for a midlife crisis car yet (probably never will be), but expect EV to be more appropriate by then.

Cars don't really thrill me. My midlife crisis vehicle would be a helicopter or something at least that dangerous.

rmay635703 07-23-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 602592)
I can get a felony speeding conviction with a Metro. Not sure what I'd do with Corvette performance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEnIKSEQ3nc

Frank Lee 07-23-2019 09:49 AM

They must have needed to add more bolts to the driver's seats so they didn't end up in the back! :p

Shaneajanderson 07-23-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpoint5 (Post 602583)
Corvette always seemed like the bargain sports car to me, and some of the past examples have returned pretty decent fuel economy. I'd maybe have been tempted as a midlife crisis purchase, but I'm not quite there yet, and I expect EVs will soon be the bargain sports car. I mean, the fastest version of the Model 3 is nearly there. The Model S has it beat.

I've been looking at Mustangs and I-6 BMW's lately. and I'm only 27. Funny what happens when you finally surpass paycheck to paycheck life.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com