Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2007, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
[CRXMPG FAQ] DIY Push Button Start

Just got this question tonight:

Quote:
I love that you posted this up here, this is exactly what I was looking for. I already have the button and the wire. what type of SPDT relay do you suggest? also, would you mind sending me a little more detailed of instructions? (anything different that i have an automatic?) also if you would know about possibly incorporating a kill switch into the setup, could you give me some suggestions?
Thanks for the kind comments. I just used a standard automotive SPDT relay, all I had to do was tell the parts store people what I needed and they showed me where it was in the electronics aisle.

I don't think anything should be different for an automatic, other than the general caution not to use it in a situation where the car wouldn't want to be key started to begin with.

I'm sure there is a good way to incorporate a kill switch, but I've never done it. I know a few have, so hopefully one of them will chime in with some advice or links for you.

Thanks for the question,
Benjamin

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread