Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I had to make one roaring fourth gear pass yesterday morning, and it felt good. The $#!^#{@] blew (Hypermiled? Not if it's into traffic) a stop sign onto the highway and ruined my pulse. Pulse ruined anyway, I turned it into a real pulse. Then resumed hypermiling and did a lot of giggling when he got up to speed and caught up with me. P&G really pisses off tailgaters and he was a fun guy to piss off.

35 or so miles later at the pump it still turned out to be my best tank so far. What's the lesson here? I'm still so new at this that no external events actually affect my mileage. I'm just not good enough or smooth enough to be getting the best out of my car yet, so how can a collection of lights or traffic be worse for my FE than I still am? Conditions might not be optimal for that tank, but then neither am I. If you're as new at this as your fuel log, JohnS, then you're in the same boat. This post is a little more of a full answer than my last post, but the message is still the same: Don't worry about it- either the outside events or your reactions to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread