Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Princess Carriage - '20 Ford Explorer Limited

Silver - '22 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT w/tow pkg
Maverick Hybrids
90 day: 41.3 mpg (US)
I always get gas for Ron Burgundy at the same Circle K, at the same pump, at the same time in the morning, to the second click of the pump.

I don't know about different gas at different places affecting mpg, but I do try to make sure my tank-to-tank numbers are as legit as possible and reduce the variables as much as possible.

Now in my wife's 2014 Explorer, I'll get gas wherever it's convenient.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Honda Civic - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)
Shell Gas

I was a delivery driver for an auto dealership in SoCal for about half a year. I drove the truck and saw it as a perfect chance to test out different gas stations.

I would always do the same sort of routes throughout the week and my tank would last about 3 days. So i kept track of the gas and these are the main points i found:

Every single tank I had that was Chevron or Texaco was the WORST. I can't overstate this enough. every. single. tank. from chevron or texaco. was the worst.

Shell was always the best. every single time. not by a lot, but it was on average 1.5-2mpg better than chevron/texaco.

Really dinky gas stations with no brand name were completely unpredictable. one particular station was almost as bad as chevron/texaco, consistently. Others were right in the middle. but they usually were not up to par with shell.

I couldn't test ARCO or Valero, those ones are supposedly the crappiest, but I can't confirm it or deny it.

This was in a 5.3 Chevy V8 1500 Truck with 88k miles and the AC on full blast at every second of it's life. Averaged between 16.3-18.8mpg in mixed driving.

I saved my MPG sheet somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tulok For This Useful Post:
ecocruze (05-01-2017)
Reply  Post New Thread