Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Drill: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Fail tests: Monday and Tuesday

I tried studying for the last group of tests as soon as I completed the previous ones, but somehow it had seemed to far in advance, even though I had started earlier with other tests. I was supposed to report Friday evening, but on short notice they told us to be there at 6:30am. I was not even able to study Thursday night, I just got ready for drill and went to bed.

So, we went to a field and did not do anything worth mentioning, but when they say "Army standard is four hours of sleep!" they mean it--except that they make us Intelligence guys wake up for an hour in the middle of the night to attend the radio.

Yes, let's have our brightest and best conduct radio checks in the middle of the night.

When we came back they had us run up and down hills in our duty uniforms and boots with the medics throwing everyone that passed out into their van.

We were not released until 7pm. I came straight home, showered, and went to sleep. I had little time to study before my test on Monday, but it did not seem to do any good, especially since I still felt exhausted.

I came home, went to sleep again, and then tried studying for yesterday's test, in the Anatomy of Speech.

I had great difficulties with Anatomy and Physiology last semester. Having a few hours to study for a test did not seem to benefit me.

Whenever I tell people that I think that I did poorly on a test they tell me that I am being silly, I did well. I feel frustrated because they do not know anything about my class or my understanding of the material and they certainly were not the one taking the test.

For the first one, without multiple choice, I left many blank. The second was Scantron, fifty questions, and I marked 39-50 as "A."

Statistically, three of the twelve should have been.

I will lose my GI bill if I do not earn at least Cs, but then I will never get into graduate school. Arizona State does not allow us to retake classes to improve our grade unless we earn below a C.

I have spent almost every weekend for the past two semesters studying and I definitely would have studied this past weekend, but I could not even study on Thursday or Monday!

How can one weekend a month negatively impact so much of my life?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

Dear Abby on uExpress

>
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
My first unit was like that, minus the stupid PT. We'd get back in midmorning Sunday, square everything away and just stand around until 5 or 6. If an officer happened by, there was always a smart book handy and "Spec. Somebody was just finishing a class on task XYZ." All day long. Then they'd call formation without any warning and when everyone came over we'd get "You guys complain about getting out late, but you weren't ready for formation!" This was right after the Gulf War, when the RCs were supposed to have been shocked into shape.

I was hoping the last decade of actually having to do things would have weeded out those no talent ass clowns. Bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Reply  Post New Thread