EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   Is Ecomodder an environmental website? (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-environmental-website-40976.html)

sgtlethargic 06-21-2023 02:59 PM

Is Ecomodder an environmental website?

I don't see a poll function, so people will have to reply to answer the question.

freebeard 06-21-2023 03:53 PM

You had your chance:
Quote:

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Automatically retrieve titles from external links
Disable smilies in text
Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip
Thread Subscription
Notification Type:

No email notification
Post a Poll
Yes, post a poll with this thread
Number of poll options:
(Maximum: 10)

redpoint5 06-21-2023 04:51 PM

My binary answer to the binary question is - no.

There are no threads discussing the environments of the Bog Buck Moth. There are no threads discussing the environments of the Panamanian golden frog. There are no threads discussing the environments of the scalloped hammerhead shark. There are no threads discussing the environments of the Black-footed ferret.

The only environments I regularly see discussed have to do with human ones, usually centered around how to heat or cool economically.

The home page shows a bunch of cars, indicating this is a website centered around automobiles. I saw no mention of any environment on the home page.

sgtlethargic 06-21-2023 05:04 PM

Hopefully some serious people will reply.

redpoint5 06-21-2023 05:34 PM

Ask serious questions, get serious responses.

You're not asking ANY questions to learn, but to impose your religious values on others by inciting other similarly-motivated folks to rebuke non-believers with personal insults.

freebeard 06-21-2023 05:54 PM

Petition the mods to nuke this thread and spawn a new one with the poll you want.

Seriously.

freebeard 06-21-2023 07:27 PM

Threadjack:

The reason to be optimistic is that things can change. Else things can't not change.

Current estimation of how far in the past our demise was, presume stagnant technology.

Bucky Fuller's favorite example of Synergy was metal alloys, more than the summation of their parts.

As it turns out, Terran Space Academy is a thorough, informative (dare I say serioous?) source for emergent technology. This episode would be 1/2 hour of your time at 1x.

Hydrocarbon Fuel Cell Breakthrough!

Introduction invokes metal hydrides and Appollo 13, but the second half gets really interesting. Nanoscale 3D printed metamaterials. Beyond Inconel to GRX-810. Structured alloys enable 50-60% efficient use of the hydrocarbons you despise.

Fuller always said that if we could improve the overall efficiency of everything taken as a whole (he put it at 8 to 12%) everyone could live better than kings. 25 to 60% efficiency in what we are already doing would get us there.

Also, New CPU Technology just Arrived �� IBM, Imec, Intel -- Anastasi In Tech. CPU will get 20% smaller and 24% more efficient. ....Real Soon Now...

oil pan 4 06-21-2023 09:02 PM

Nien

freebeard 06-21-2023 09:23 PM

[Permalink] Number nine.

rmay635703 06-22-2023 10:55 PM

Ecomodder historically had a thrifty hippie vibe with a definite old school view of conservation and environmentalism

Waste not want not.

Things were more open minded and project based.

Many here historically could have been considered liberal or environmentally focused despite running a twin cylinder diesel in a Geo
but a kurmudeony subset has taken root.