EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Ecomodder Holiday (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ecomodder-holiday-6365.html)

trebuchet03 12-10-2008 03:24 PM

Ecomodder Holiday

What do you give and what do you want this holiday?

I'm still trying to figure out what to give... I was considering ordering a bunch of OPduino's and putting them in a nice fiberglass enclosure... But, I figured the technical expertise was a little low for those I would give to.

If the OBDuino was ready (and I could get mine to work) - I'd totally build a bunch and give away :p

I'm getting a stereo for my dad's car... He drives a Honda element (which is always over filled with tools and equipment) that has no stereo and no air conditioning (never installed from the factory) :eek:

So what do you want?
A big stack of cardboard or Coroplast?
Scangauge2?
Tools?

I've personally been eying a Space Navigator because of the modeling I've been doing lately.

What would you want that doesn't exist yet?
I want an easy way to clean the inside of my windshield :p

Nevyn 12-10-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebuchet03 (Post 77694)
What would you want that doesn't exist yet?
I want an easy way to clean the inside of my windshield :p

I have that. Carry a dead towel/blanket in trunk. Useful for many things. In this case, lay the towel over the dashboard & heater vents when you are at gas pump. Use gas pump squeegee to clean windshield insides.

Squeeze most of the water out; what does drip the towel/blanket gets. Just scrub it down, and squeegee away. What drips, is on the towel, which goes back in the trunk.:thumbup:

cfg83 12-10-2008 04:08 PM

trebuchet03 -

That 3D mouse is pretty cool. Can it be used as a regular mouse?

I've been eyeing a "professional" tire guage for $35 :

Pegasus - Intercomp 2 inch Deluxe Tire Pressure Gauge, 0-60 psi
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/Images/M/360064.JPG
Quote:

The most durable and shock resistant in the industry. Intercomp's patented internal mechanism has only four moving parts (compare to 14 or more in other gauges). Fewer moving parts means greater reliability. Thumb-operated bleeder valve on the gauge head for quick adjustments. Swivel nozzle and 17" Goodyear hose for easy access at any angle.
I want a mechanical one with a bleeder valve, not a digital one.

CarloSW2

trikkonceptz 12-10-2008 04:21 PM

Hehe .. I'm asking Santa for lowering springs and Moon disk covers. Finally mods that actually save money while looking good.

Daox 12-10-2008 07:22 PM

I asked for a freeduino or two for a few projects I'm looking into.

trebuchet03 12-10-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevyn (Post 77707)
I have that. Carry a dead towel/blanket in trunk. Useful for many things. In this case, lay the towel over the dashboard & heater vents when you are at gas pump. Use gas pump squeegee to clean windshield insides.

Squeeze most of the water out; what does drip the towel/blanket gets. Just scrub it down, and squeegee away. What drips, is on the towel, which goes back in the trunk.:thumbup:

That, is freaking amazing :thumbup: I need to fuel up anyway, I am totally going to try :D If you don't mind - can I take pictures and instructabalize it?

Johnny Mullet 12-10-2008 09:15 PM

A Scangauge II would be the ultimate Christmas gift. Try convincing the wife though ;)

Nevyn 12-11-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebuchet03 (Post 77747)
That, is freaking amazing :thumbup: I need to fuel up anyway, I am totally going to try :D If you don't mind - can I take pictures and instructabalize it?

Eat your heart out - it's not like it's a patented system or anything!:cool::thumbup:

Sean T. 12-11-2008 09:44 AM

I am asking for an electronic (turn signal) flasher so I can get rid of the huge resistors I have for my LED lights.

I need that "good way to clean the windshield too", do you have another one for me?

MetroMPG 12-11-2008 10:24 AM

My dream present to receive is the same one every year: a giant, heated workspace! In the form of... Florida, perhaps.

And I wish for peace between diesel and hybrid owners. Can't we all just get along?