Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

View Poll Results: What car should I buy?
07 Honda fit 6 30.00%
09 Toyota Yaris 2 10.00%
01 C5 corvette 3 15.00%
other 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2017, 03:17 AM   #61 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Cdi: has the world's smallest production common-rail direct injection diesel engine. With a consumption of 3.3 litres (NEDC) per 100 kilometres (71.2 mpg) and CO2 emissions of just 88 grams per kilometre, it has the lowest current production car CO2 emissions worldwide, since Audi and Volkswagen retired its 3-cylinder cars, the A2 1.2 TDI and the Lupo 1.2 TDI respectively.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Fortwo#Models

Buy four or five tire inner tubes in graduated sizes, truck down to Vespa. Macramé them into a cone. Hang it on a strap-on bicycle rack for road trips. Reap 25% increased range on a tank of gas.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Stubby79 (04-27-2017)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
Eco Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripRob View Post

This is based off prices near me and research on specific car forums.
All the cars will work in the Rockies in winter.(hybrids will have to stay plugged in to stop battery from freezing)
According to your chart which I guess you decided not to bother with using. The Honda Accord was the obvious choice. It got the same score as the Corvette for everything you actually included in the score total. For what wasn't included in the total it beat both of those... It was less than half the price of the Corvette and got better gas mileage. Btw when factoring gas mileage you probably should have just looked at highway EPA since all cars would have been tested under the same testing procedures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripRob View Post
I ended up getting a fully equiped 2006 Smart Fortwo CDI.

0.8L turbo diesel
6 speed manual with electronic clutch.
3.3l/100km(71 MPG US)

I wasn't even considering it because I thought the engine would scream along at high rpm on the highway. I thought the short wheel base would make it unstable and blown around by larger vehicles. I test drove one; 2000rpm at 100km/h(miata does 3300rpm). Its stable and comfortable at highway speeds. I found the car for sale from a guy that was moving across the country and had 2 days to sell the car so I got an excellent price. Hopefully it will be reliable.
Wow I have a Honda Del Sol and I'm pretty sure my car is bigger lol. I always imagined a car with back seats for a road trip car. My choice would have been a 90s Civic Hatchback. Plenty of storage and you could easily sleep in it. Would also be big enough if you took somebody else with you. Well, I hope the Smart works out for you.

Best Tank = 42.72 mpg (in the 94 Del Sol)

CR-Z Current Mods:
Max Sidewall PSI
Reply  Post New Thread