Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Electric-Gas conversion

I have an EV Bike (converted Specialized Expedition) for the last year.

To measure your bikes power useage.
get a good electrical energy meter (wall plug is best) for household use, plug your charger into it.
It will give you the Kilowatts needed to recharge your battery.
You can also set it up for price per Kw, and it will give you a $$ Value (pennises or nickles really).
If you know how far you had travelled to use those Watt's well just calculate it. ($$$ divided by KM)

I have also come across a site that compared the same vechiles using Gas and Electric Power (can't remember it). It calculated that an Electric Vechile would use about 4KW of energy compared to 1 litre of gas for the same distance travelled.
So multiple your cost per KW delivered times 4 and there is the apx price of a equilivent litre of Gas. (mine is 15 cents time 4 = 60 cents)
A 60 cents litre of gas, that's been a long time.

You can also get a Cycle Analyst (tm), I have one and love it. It will answer any question you can think of about your battery useage (real world) as you are driving.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread