Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Corrado TDIsm - '90 VW Corrado TDI
90 day: 44.76 mpg (US)
FS Silver TDI Corrado with Black Leather 100% Diesel Conversion with Origninal Paint

The car has been sold!

The Specs:

Engine: 1.9L AHU TDI, European PD Intake Manifold, Kerma PP764 Injector Nozzels, G60 Intercooler, Custom Intercooler pipes, Slowe Racing EGR Delete, Techtonics Borla 2.25 Cat back with an SLC's stock tip, European Engine cover, silicone hose connections, Eco-Diesel Airbox

Transmission: Mk3 O2A "CTN" transmission

Brakes/Drivetrain: 5x100 Lug Conversion (Eurospec Sport Conversion Hubs), New Rear 5x100 rear Rotors, SS lines, Mintex red pads

Suspension: H&R coilovers, R32 control arm bushings, New Strut Bearing Bushings, New rear shock bushings.

Wheels & Tires: 16" Audi TT wheels (Very Rare) that have been stripped of their paint and Polished. Yokohama Parada spec 2 Tires 205/40/16 Tires

Exterior: No shaved panels, no gaudy body Kits, just tinted/Red taillights, clear side markers and European headlights. 90mm Front Euro Lip Lip rubs at the car's current hieght. I can trade it out for 50mm front lip and I bet the rubbing would go away in 90% of the places I rub. Comes with the 200wtq and 50mpg eurotag (it was installed because the car had front tag holes) Passat Moonroof Conversion. The Moonroof interior panel has a grey cloth panel that matches the OEM headliner perfectly.

Interior: Stock Black Heated Leather with a TDI Passat instrument cluster and VDO boost & oil pressure gauges.

Audio/Visual: Late Mk3 Jetta Radio (matches the Rado's instrument lighting) No more amplified door speakers

Mileage
Drivetrain: Approx 140,??? (I'll update this today) The engine had 115K miles when I started.

The shell had 59k miles when I started

There are no issues with the car. I've racked up over 25k miles on the car. The biggest issues are a check engine light for glowplugs (they do work) and EGR (deleted) I plan on getting a Rocketchip to get rid of the EGR and GP codes and also a little more boost before the car is pciked up I have driven this car up to NY, MA and trusted it enough to send the Wife by herself down to Florida (2,000 mile round trip)

The car has an 15 gallon fuel tank and can get 44-47 mpg all day everyday with the 16s and a driving it hard.

Why I think this car is so great? This is the car that I originally intended to build on my first TDI Corrado build, its all OEM like. Everthing went together like it was built this way from the Factory. The Paint is beautifil in my eyes. Its very original. No Rust (59k mile shell) There is a small dent in the rear passenger side wheel flare and I have wrestled with having it repaired or not. right now its part of the original paint's patinea and you only get one chance at that.

What realy makes this car so great in my mind is that its a great cruising car. It can go fairly fast when pushed but the best part is that does not beg to be driven fast. Its hard to describe but let me try. My DZSL SLC (1st TDI Corrado) loved being driven hard and fast everywhere and I picked up a ticket or two due to the lack of self control :banghead: The car that I'm selling today is perfect for the person that likes to go fast but knows their license can't afford any more tickets. It cruises very nicely and I find myself just enjoying commute everyday. I think it has to do with the wastegate turbo versus the VNt turbo of the mk4, the different drive by wire pedals and maybe the engine sounds too. Its very hard to describe. This cruising factor is also why my wife and I both don't care if the car doesn't sell.

Build Thread:
VWvortex Forums: DZSL Corrado Project part two, with a mk3 tdi donor

Photo Album:
http://share.shutterfly.com/ac...5asRc

$14,500 with the wheels and $13,500 with a set of 15" steel wheels
I will ONLY consider trades for a 4dr Toyota Tacoma (current body style). The reason this car is up forsale is because I am adopting in a couple months and having child on the causes one to really really reproritize one's life. No lowballing, my wife does not care if I sell it and my license would probably prefer I keep this as my daily driver, see below for the reasons why.

Some of maintenance items that I've taken care of since the start of the build: Glow plugs (all 4), Glowplug harness, Timing belt kit (from tdiparts.com) Deleted the EGR, all filters, crank case breather hose, all new vacumn lines (includes the one in the ECU), New Heatercore, New foam in the HVAC system, New A/C line from condensor to the Compressor, New rear brake rotors, new wheel bearings all the way around, new outer tie-rod ends, new ball joints, strut bearings, New coolant Bottle, new thermostat,

Items I have yet to install but have in my possession: Stainless H&R coilovers (it has a set of standard H&R coilovers, I will sell with either set but not both. I think the standard coilovers might be better as they have much wider pistons then the SS H&Rs) new e-brake cabels (no e-brake issues but they were cheap), 11.3 Mk3 VR6 brake up-grade, New N-75 and new turbo actuator, AMSOIL gear oil (it shifts fine as is but I figured why not), new door striker pins (both sides), Neuspeed rear strut bar (triangulated bar), 28mm rear sway bar, Euro Seatbelts, new OEM front sway bar end links and bushings(because they weren't too expensive and the rest of the car has been rehabbed)

The Finished Product:

The car has been sold!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young'n

Red Dread - '03 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
90 day: 19.81 mpg (US)

Bessie - '08 Honda Civic Hybrid
Now THAT, is a sexy car! Very nice!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Lowballing? This isn't the poortex. But, since I'm nice I'll offer you $5.37 and some bellybutton lint. Take it or leave it!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Ruint Taco - '19 Toyota Tacoma SR Double Cab
90 day: 23.76 mpg (US)
Nice car. TDi prices are at an all time low it seems.

BTW, diesel and gas prices are getting closer and as fuel goes up, TDi values will rebound.

Now is the time to buy a TDi.

Last edited by Vwbeamer; 01-31-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
EV OR DIESEL

FarFarfrumpumpen - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS Premium

Quorra - '12 Tesla Model S P85
Send a message via AIM to dremd
Love it!
Gone 2013 Nissan LEAF SV
2012 Nissan LEAF SV
6 speed ALH TDI Swapped in to a 2003 Jetta Wagon
Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

This car has been sold twice and each time the buyer backed out and lost their deposit. The car is offically off the market. I will not consider selling it for the $14.5 that I listed it for. It would want several thousand dollars more as I can't replace this car.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
This car has been sold twice and each time the buyer backed out and lost their deposit.
Sounds like a new kind of business model! Why take it off the market?
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 02-25-2009, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

its an emotional roller coaster as I truely love my cars and want the next owners to care for them. The last time I completly separated from the car when it had a deposit placed on it. It took a long drive before I fell in lover with it again.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Active Learning - '93 Chevy Suburban Silverado
90 day: 10.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
its an emotional roller coaster as I truely love my cars and want the next owners to care for them. The last time I completly separated from the car when it had a deposit placed on it. It took a long drive before I fell in lover with it again.
I know the feeling.. cept mine are junkers in everyone elses eyes.. I say save it for the kid. He will be driving in 16 years.. teach him in something else though hehe. Thats a nice car.

Reply  Post New Thread