Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
Yeah that is expensive! But thats apple for you! Not to mention you can get an android device for $20~$30. I will try to root the iphone and try to get the cheap adaptor to work. Im not going to buy anything because i already have the cheap elm device and i also have a scangauge. and 2 cheap tablets and 3 phones that all work fine with torque and the other obd2 apps. If i do get it to work i will give you an honest review.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Supported Adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
At $45 + $5s/h you should just spend the extra $20 and buy an ultra gauge. Torque app is popular because the blue tooth thingys are like $5...
The BLE dongle is using Low Energy technology. You can leave it plugged in your vehicle even when you are not using it.
You can not do that to the standard bluetooth dongle. I once had a cheap bluetooth dongle left in my car and forgot to plug it out, in the morning, my car's battery is drained out.

The app will work with the cheap dongle if you have jailbreak phone and a tool to manage bluetooth, that is because Apple has restrictions on standard Bluetooth support.

There is no restriction to BLE, which is good for iPhone/iPod/iPad users. EngineLink App also supports WIFI adapters.

Last edited by runnerAZ; 09-04-2014 at 07:44 PM..
Old 09-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydave View Post
Yeah that is expensive! But thats apple for you! Not to mention you can get an android device for $20~$30. I will try to root the iphone and try to get the cheap adaptor to work. Im not going to buy anything because i already have the cheap elm device and i also have a scangauge. and 2 cheap tablets and 3 phones that all work fine with torque and the other obd2 apps. If i do get it to work i will give you an honest review.
Thank you! Please let me know if there is any questions/suggestions.

The BLE dongle listed is really not expensive. Thinking about it uses low energy technology, one of its chips it used is ble module iphone. If you search “ble module iphone” on ebay “buy it now” section, the price for only that module is much more expensive than the old technology adapter.

I am not trying to convince you to buy the dongle. I think you already got a great solution.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

New features added to version 3.9:

New features added to version 3.9:
0 to 60 mph timer and quarter mile timer. See how fast your car is.
Checking history trouble code. This would be helpful when buying a used car to see if there was any recent history codes.

Reply  Post New Thread