EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   Fiesta ecoboost (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/fiesta-ecoboost-31209.html)

jimsiggy 02-13-2015 09:27 PM

Fiesta ecoboost

First post here, and sorry if this has already been covered; search does not seem to be responding for me. I'm curious if anyone here has implemented any of the mods into an ecoboost fiesta, or will I be the first?

benphyr 02-13-2015 10:37 PM

Welcome. -not sure if anyone has an '14 ecoBoost, but thought I'd welcome you anyway. Always interested to see another build and pictures too.

Hersbird 02-16-2015 12:06 AM

I'm interested. I like the Mirage but the 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta seems like much more car. I guess for the price difference maybe it should. I think I would buy the Ford but hen again we don't have a Mitsu dealer here so I would be afraid of having to go 3 hours for warranty work.

Goldenstate 02-16-2015 02:10 AM

Welcome aboard, always nice to have more interest in the turbo engines of today and how they might be made to operate more efficiently. I have a 2014 Fusion with 2.0 Ecoboost engine. Have just recently been exposed to the idea of a turbo heat shield to keep the heat in the turbo and maybe gain some improved mileage. Maybe something we can both learn about.

pgfpro 02-16-2015 02:21 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

Its always nice to see some more turbo car's on here. You guys that have turbo cars need to join our team turbo section.:thumbup:
LINK:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/team.php?id=43

mikeyjd 02-16-2015 06:55 AM

The '14 Fiesta with 1.0L Eco engine is a very intriguing car for me. I'm interested in how things go for you.

Miller88 02-16-2015 09:20 AM

GTDI engines are a different beast when it comes to getting better fuel economy. High-ish load and Low RPMs usually means worse fuel economy than light throttle and higher RPMs.

If you want one, and truly want to get the best mileage, buy a book on gasoline direct injection. The key is to avoid the engine overfueling itself to prevent pinging. A lot of things we do to ecomod "normal" engines (higher intake temps, lugging them), may cause it to overfuel and get worse mileage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hersbird (Post 468157)
I'm interested. I like the Mirage but the 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta seems like much more car. I guess for the price difference maybe it should. I think I would buy the Ford but hen again we don't have a Mitsu dealer here so I would be afraid of having to go 3 hours for warranty work.

It's a more fun platform ... but the interior is just too small. I'm 5'10'' and the only seat in which I can fit in a Fiesta is the passenger front seat. Can't fit under the steering wheel and I can't even begin to think of the back seats.

jimsiggy 02-16-2015 05:54 PM

I will keep you all informed.

As for the Fiesta not having enough room, I would say go sit in one. I'm a 6' 275Lbs weight lifter and I am very comfortable in my car; don't expect the person sitting behind you to have much leg room though. This is my first new car since 1987; my hoopty 93 civic finally gave up the ghost and I though it was time to get something that I wasn't always having to wrench on; I love it.

As for GDI and lugging the motor; I don't do it, except under very light load, like flat ground and putting around at 40mph in 5th.

jimsiggy 02-16-2015 05:59 PM

Another great thing about this motor is the torque; It's beasty for such a small engine and a very flat curve.

MetroMPG 04-23-2015 09:55 AM

Delayed response... welcome to the forum!

Nice to see another efficient, 3-banger available here. The US/Canada market is practically flooded with choices these days: Fiesta, Mirage, Mini, Focus.

Arguably only the Fiesta & Mirage count as "economy cars" (purchase price), and even the Fiesta triple is a premium option over the 4-cylinder. I'd love to try one though.

I'm curious what other cars you considered.