Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Car seats fit fine back there, watch the videos.

Everyone not in the driver's seat is getting a free ride, and freeriders opinion doesn't matter. They can complain, but they'd have to take a number.

I feel like this is a bit of a cherry picked picture. I have almost 9 years experience with car seats and have about another 8 or 9 until our youngest will be out if a booster... Modern car seats a freaking huge.

Those are not full size car seats, there is a market for "slim" car seats for these types of vehicles. Notice the lack of side head support and lacking creature comforts. Where are the cup holders?

Last edited by ksa8907; 09-19-2021 at 06:06 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to ksa8907 For This Useful Post:
Hersbird (09-21-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-19-2021, 10:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
My daughter is in some kind of car seat safety team. So grandkids is what we deal with and the smaller the kid, I swear the bigger the seat. Now latch those seats into a 3rd row and try and climb back there to buckle them in because the straps are tight and no way even a 4 year old can do it. So realistically that's why I was sitting in the 3rd row as a 50 year old fat guy because the 2nd row captain chairs makes for much better car seat land. Then you can also pull over and feed or change kids quickly which happens way to often.
All of this is why we've had one of these minivan (and now technically 2 at once) since our first a 2 year old Grand Caravan in 1991. I don't think I can count all the years, makes, and models at this point. We've tried things like a Buick Enclave, a GMC Envoy XL, a Mercury Sable wagon, a Suburban, a Ford Expedition, a Dodge Journey and probably a few other 3 rows but nothing comes close to the comfort of a minivan. The Suburban is roomy, but the van is still better getting in and out and driving around. We just had that to haul people and a big camper at the same time. The Buick had a beautiful interior and pretty good with in and out, even had AWD but you just can't beat sliding doors and the buick 3.6 early on was a timing chain failing beast that required motor removal to replace, no good.

Ps after looking at those kids I'm not sure they should even be forward facing yet. If so just barely and that's the best you ever get. Now let's see a 2 year old still reverse facing as most all will be with maybe a 5 or 6 year old forward facing. I bet their legs have to go up in the air and I bet the rear facing seat doesn't go in there with the 2nd row latched in place period.

Last edited by Hersbird; 09-19-2021 at 10:54 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
ksa8907 (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 01:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
there is a market for "slim" car seats for these types of vehicles
You mean to replace stock seats with slim ones, or to retrofit them on a vehicle originally specified with fewer seats? Wouldn't it cause trouble while having the vehicle inspected or registered there?
Old 09-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #54 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
You mean to replace stock seats with slim ones, or to retrofit them on a vehicle originally specified with fewer seats? Wouldn't it cause trouble while having the vehicle inspected or registered there?
Sorry, slim child car seats.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
Sorry, slim child car seats.
I'm not so familiar with modern child seats, as I have not been around babies so often, but I remember how bulky they used to be.

Reply  Post New Thread