EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecomodder.com/forum/forum-news-feedback.html)
-   -   Gmail users: EcoModder needs your (easy) help! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/gmail-users-ecomodder-needs-your-easy-help-27290.html)

MetroMPG 10-18-2013 01:38 PM

Gmail users: EcoModder needs your (easy) help!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Gmail_logo.png

Ecomodders who are Gmail users, we need your help!

Short version...

Please check your spam folder for mail from EcoModder, and mark it as NOT SPAM (and please reply here that you did).

Long version...

Google is constantly battling spammers, and is getting more and more strict over time on what it considers legitimate email. Apparently, they are now flagging messages from EcoModder as spam on a regular basis.

We need your collective help to fix this.

We recently sent out our monthly newsletter/update. If you did NOT see this in your in-box, please check your spam folder. If it is in your spam folder, please mark it as 'not spam'.

Note: you may have to click the "MORE" link beneath your Gmail folder list to actually see your spam folder.

(If you really do not want to receive the newsletter or other occasional notices from us, uncheck "receive email from administrators" in your EcoModder control panel.)

Google says they rely on user reports to classify mail senders. So, if we get enough of you to do this, it should help. This is especially a pain for new users if their confirmation email goes into their spam folder -- many new Gmail users never complete their account registrations as a result.

We'd also REALLY like to hear what you find: whether you see the latest newsletter in your spam folder or in-box, please reply here and let us know.

t vago 10-18-2013 02:11 PM

I think I might have deleted the latest newsletter by mistake. My spam folder contains items which date from 16 October, the last time I cleaned it out.

MetroMPG 10-18-2013 03:24 PM

Thanks for checking.

Anybody else find EM stuff in their spam folder?

B440 10-18-2013 10:15 PM

Found in my spam folder. Marked "not spam" and important to me.

UltArc 10-18-2013 11:55 PM

Four from EcoRenovator, now all marked Important and Not Spam. On the e-mail for my EcoModder, 42 went from normal to Important, one from Spam to Not Spam, and Important (this one was the Oct. 15th newsletter).

MetroMPG 10-19-2013 11:59 AM

Thanks for the updates, guys!

I also heard via e-mail from a new, unconfirmed user who happened read this thread and who saw no sign at all of the confirmation message. (I manually activated him.)

I also directly contacted about 10 other new, unconfirmed Gmail users. A few are now signed up.

Any more Gmail users reading this? Please have a look in your spam folders & let us know what you see.

PressEnter[] 10-19-2013 12:39 PM

I haven't found anything from ecomodder in my spam box that I recall. Gmail is weird, though, so I do check my spam folder daily.

Flakbadger 10-19-2013 12:51 PM

This is the first time Ecomodder's monthly letter has ended up in my spam folder. I just told GMail it's not spam.

To be perfectly honest I kind of hate GMail. It's really getting overly complicated to use.

t vago 10-19-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flakbadger (Post 396079)
To be perfectly honest I kind of hate GMail. It's really getting overly complicated to use.

Yah, I'm thinking of switching over to something else, too. I got something like 15 separate email accounts with the web hosting plan I use, but I'm only using 2 of them right now. Might be time to switch over...

PaleMelanesian 10-20-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B440 (Post 396026)
Found in my spam folder. Marked "not spam" and important to me.

Same here. Hope we can help.