Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 18,801
Thanks: 5,227
Thanked 6,199 Times in 4,967 Posts
GM's newest pickup costs $9,000

....and turns into a flatbed But you can't buy one in the U.S.

Quote:
The Zhengtu is a compact crew cab truck with seating for five and a 6.5-foot bed with sides that fold down like the tailgate to create a large flatbed platform.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gms-new...kup-costs-9000

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/02...start-in-china
To my jaded eye, it looks like a crew-cab Transporter with a hood stuck on the front.



What happens to the orange grab handles?

__________________
.

Face the danger and row away from it.
David B. Frohnmayer
_________________
  Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Gasoline Fumes (03-24-2021), samwichse (03-23-2021), Xist (04-05-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 03-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 9,062
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,041 Times in 915 Posts
Based on the same underpinnings of the microvans available as Chevrolet N400 in some Latin American countries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thalmaturge
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The edge of nowhere
Posts: 1,039

Go Pod - '00 Honda Insight AC

The Tinyvan - '07 Honda Fit Sport

Spicy Italian - '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
Thanks: 544
Thanked 571 Times in 375 Posts
Yes, I like this very much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,577

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Thanks: 174
Thanked 352 Times in 246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Yes, I like this very much.
Get ready to move to China. There's not a snowball's chance in hell this will come to the US. Not just from the safety requirement aspect but from economics. Why sell a $9k truck when they're already selling $40k+ trucks like hot cakes?
__________________




  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed
 
Piotrsko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 1826 miles WSW of Normal
Posts: 1,712
Thanks: 169
Thanked 474 Times in 404 Posts
I wouldn't say snoballs chance because I have tried to source and buy parts and manuals for many of other similar Chinese vehicles that my employer surplussed from various US of A government entities. Might take ten years....... and can you say Wuling from Shenzhen Guangdong china?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thalmaturge
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The edge of nowhere
Posts: 1,039

Go Pod - '00 Honda Insight AC

The Tinyvan - '07 Honda Fit Sport

Spicy Italian - '13 Fiat 500 Abarth
Thanks: 544
Thanked 571 Times in 375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
I wouldn't say snoballs chance because I have tried to source and buy parts and manuals for many of other similar Chinese vehicles that my employer surplussed from various US of A government entities. Might take ten years....... and can you say Wuling from Shenzhen Guangdong china?
For an NEV, maybe. For this truck? 25 years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 9,062
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,041 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
Not just from the safety requirement aspect but from economics.
I would consider the economics more relevant than the safety requirements as to why it wouldn't have real chances to make its way there. Eventually it could replace the Brazilian-made Tornado in Mexico, but I would also not really hold my breath for that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Not Doug
 
Xist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Show Low, AZ
Posts: 10,386

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 30.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 6,797
Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,478 Posts
I received a notification for a Shouty video that actually posted 2 days ago.

Then I found this thread.

Wuling also has a $4,400 electric car: https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ar-tesla-china
__________________
"Oh if you use math, reason, and logic you will be hated."--OilPan4
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel
 
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Posts: 9,062
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,041 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Wuling also has a $4,400 electric car
Which basically resembles the cabin of this truck bolted to a go-kart chassis with a drilling machine motor.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Not Doug
 
Xist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Show Low, AZ
Posts: 10,386

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 30.17 mpg (US)
Thanks: 6,797
Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Which basically resembles the cabin of this truck bolted to a go-kart chassis with a drilling machine motor.
Perfect!

Home Depot rents trucks that fold down like that, but the sides fold 180. A larger bed like that may be useful, but where could you drive around like that outside of a farm?

__________________
"Oh if you use math, reason, and logic you will be hated."--OilPan4
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com