EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer (https://ecomodder.com/forum/opengauge-mpguino-fe-computer.html)
-   -   Half of My LCD Lights Up (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/half-my-lcd-lights-up-4929.html)

Axaday 09-03-2008 05:33 PM

How do I adjust contrast? (Changed Title)

I don't have the injector and VSS signals yet, but I got power and ground so that I would be able to see that my unit worked. Someone said it would, but it would just read 0 mpg.

What happened is that the right end of my LCD lit up all its pixels so that it looks like a bunch of blocks and the left end of the LCD does nothing. Obviously something needs fixing, but I'd sure appreciate a hint if someone knows where to look.

ptsmith24 09-03-2008 06:21 PM

I would double and triple check your solder connections. In addition, maybe try reflashing the mpguino software to the arduino? Hope that helps. Someone else with more experience with the unit will probably be along shortly to offer further suggestions. In fact, I'm about to build mine in the next little while.

Axaday 09-03-2008 07:54 PM

I doublechecked every solder very carefully and they are all good.

I get a little bit of current between two of the claws on the voltage regulator, but confirmed that I didn't short it. Is that normal?

Some of the pins in my iDuino seem to let some current from one pin to the next, but again I confirmed that I didn't short it. Is that normal?

What I'm beginning to believe is that my LCD is broken. I used a little superglue in putting this thing together and it corroded a little of the black frame on the LCD and I fear that this could have somehow eaten on the innards of the LCD. Maybe? I could certainly order another one.

dcb 09-03-2008 08:05 PM

Definitely try re flashing first.

Axaday 09-03-2008 09:02 PM

I actually reloaded the program before I rechecked the bazillion solders. No good.

Yoshi 09-04-2008 02:14 AM

My bet is defective LCD unit.

Ken@Japan

Axaday 09-04-2008 04:52 AM

Well, that's not such a terribly hard fix, now that I think of it. I can fix that in a few minutes when a new one arrives.

Axaday 09-12-2008 03:42 AM

I replaced my LCD and now the whole LCD lights up its blocks. I don't have the VSS or Injector signals tapped yet, but I've plugged it into power and ground and it just gives me the fully lit screen. White blocks on a blue background.

ptsmith24 09-12-2008 08:05 AM

Do you have the software flashed? If you do, it should still be giving you more than blocks. Maybe I'm missing something...

dcb 09-12-2008 08:14 AM

Ax, Have you already run through the setup screen? If not then tap the middle button a few times when you first start up and see if that helps. I've got a few other thoughts but let me know how that goes first.

Also I need to know what version of the code you have loaded.