EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic Tech (https://ecomodder.com/forum/off-topic-tech.html)
-   -   Harley people rant!!! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/harley-people-rant-9833.html)

pgfpro 08-25-2009 10:08 PM

Harley people rant!!!

Is it me or am I just getting old.

But why do Harley people have to rev their engines when coming to a stop.

We know your engines are not efficient just by way they run and sound why do they have to make even more annoying?

Thank God my passenger side electric window works. LOL

MetroMPG 08-25-2009 10:10 PM

Say it with me.... loud pipes save lives!

Frank Lee 08-25-2009 11:16 PM

It must be a widespread yet peculiar form of vibration and noise induced epileptic seizure that manifests only in the right wrist. :rolleyes:

Why don't these same eh holes drive their cages that way?

jamesqf 08-25-2009 11:29 PM

'Cause that's half the point of buying a Harley, so you can piss people off. Sorta like the 6-year old kid who just has to run around screaming...

pgfpro 08-26-2009 12:28 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ way to funny!!!

I just like how they play dress up with their she-male leathers and try to be all bad even though most of them never rode a motorcycle until they bought the first Harley 5 years or less ago.

OK my bad, I'll try to be good now.:rolleyes:

bgd73 08-26-2009 12:38 AM

the closest I ever got to rage was a harley revving after an eardrum injury. Long term exactly perfectly wrong for my civilization. I drempt of being a warrior king with starnge mad max gadgets thousands of time smarter than my two wheeled enemy and letting the hatred fly back at themselves unto thier demise like a village people rock band costume on harley fairy tale.because they are that twisted just for attmepting it. It ought to be a ticket for terrorizing. little boy in a grown man, some call it pedophilia, the big bad biker syndrome. I stay nice and call it mentally challenged.

Frank Lee 08-26-2009 12:51 AM

! I got every word of that! :eek:

jcp123 08-26-2009 02:10 AM

Not efficient? I thought Harleys were some of the most fuel efficient bikes, comparing to any model's direct competitors :)

My guess is that it's some kind of holdover from the old, pre-synchro days of rev matching. People got used to it, did it on their bikes, and for one reason or another it stuck around as some vetigal thing they do for which nobody knows the reason aside from...doing it because they've always done it.

Frank Lee 08-26-2009 03:07 AM

Oh please.

All that revving and blipping is for maximum annoyance.

The sport bike squids do it too. :rolleyes:

bikin' Ed 08-26-2009 03:51 AM

I got this from a Harley rider. The reason is so that everyone around them (read idiot drivers that don't pay attention)will notice them and not cut them off or run them over. Kinda like I ride all the way up to the front of the line on my bike at a red light, I want to make sure that I can be seen.