Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b.... sortof..

silver fire - '03 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 32.52 mpg (US)
havent been on in a llloonnng time

but havent stopped working on getting better mpg
my current best on my Mazda Protege5 is 435mpt not sure what that averages out too as I havent run calculations on it, but its far better than EPA.
I have a full stack of gas receipts to try and catch up on as Ive kept every single one since last login

also picked up (I kid you not) a 2001 Honda Civc for $500.00 !
the battery was dead and wouldnt hold a charge and it shimmied like mad even at 15mph or less. the guy I bought it off had the engine and transmission rebuilt about 35k miles ago, so while the car itself has almost 200k on it, the engine/trans is almost like new
I found out the battery was dying due to the brake lights remaining on at all times, and when I checked, the pedal plate was missing its plastic overlay that pushes the switch to turn off brakes lights when brake isnt engaged, a small piece of plastic and some double stick tape and walla, problem solved !
the shimmy was caused by one of the tires being in such bad shape it had a bubble that ran 1/2 its diameter, and it had separated severely. so when I got it home, I put on an old set of rims/tires from my 94 protege, and now the car runs n drives good. all electric works, even the car lighter
only thing I need do now is replace struts as they are shot, and put the tires I just bought on it and it should be running/driving like a champ

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
hm-m-m-m, that Honda sounds like a "sweat-equity" car (ha,ha).

The Following User Says Thank You to gone-ot For This Useful Post:
d0sitmatr (06-05-2013)
Reply  Post New Thread