Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Focusman

Where are the focus drivers?

Hi all, I've been lurking around here about 6 months with not much to say,
but curious as to why my Ford Focus doesn't seem to be represented much. I have not made any mods to date except adding a scanguage and running the tires at 50psi, but with hypermiling techniques on rural 2 lanes I'm averaging around 42 per tank in the summer and 35 in the winter. In the summer I can see a trip average over 50, but I have too many short hops to keep the tank average that high. Someday I'll fit a grille blocker and I'd love to add a boattail, but I'd have to hire somebody to do it. I just ordered a performance chip from one of the advertisers and I'll be curious to see what effect it has. I assume it will probably compromise the emissions, or else the mfr's would already calibrate the original chips this way, right? Anybody have experience with these things? Love the site.....

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Smash 100 MPG barrier

Frankie - '07 Ford Focus SEL
I've heard the chips do not work - I've removed the air box on my intake and put a K & N filter on it - removed the muffler - added straight pipe - still sounds good - just less restrictive and a little throaty - also have a catch can - just put that on - waiting to see the results of that - also run nitrogen on the tires and run about 4 lbs's over the manufacture recommended - I'm getting 38 mpg consistantly on the highway - planning on putting on the upper grill guard next
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

there are not "chips" for obd2 vehicles. There are however reprogrammers. I have a custom tune from sct for my 2010 focus and it improved gas mileage and performance. for those focus members on here check out focusfanatics.com for focus related talk and for parts you can check out fswerks.com they specialize in the focus! i have many parts on my car including my custom tune that i got from them!

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
chip, focus