Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
New 74.2 mpg ford focus econetic

Check out the techniques?

European Legislation Creates 62 MPG Gas Cars… From Ford : Gas 2.0

* Next generation Focus ECOnetic with optional Ford Auto-Start-Stop targets 99g/km average CO2 emissions and 74.2mpg

* First Ford of Europe production model with new eco technologies including Ford Auto-Start-Stop, Smart Regenerative Charging, Ford Eco Mode and Low Tension FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive)

* Focus ECOnetic versions without Ford Auto-Start-Stop still achieve 104 g/km

* New Focus ECOnetic range available from early 2010

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Driving the TurboWeasel

GAAAAH!!!!! Why do we not have this in the US?!?! Instead we're all excited since the US Fiesta gets 40 mpg highway.

When are we going to wake up and realize we need super-efficient vehicles here?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

GoldFocus - '09 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99LeCouch View Post
GAAAAH!!!!! Why do we not have this in the US?!?! Instead we're all excited since the US Fiesta gets 40 mpg highway.

When are we going to wake up and realize we need super-efficient vehicles here?
I share your irritation. However, I don't think there's a need for a wake-up initiative. While the US market has historically abstained fuel misery cars, I'm confident that mentality is eroded and is now eager for fuel efficiency. I'm also not a believer in conspiracy theories and other thoughts of govt manipulations but something is amiss.

For years we've been told we couldn't have the European high efficiency diesels because our fuel had too much sulfur. When this was no longer an obstacle, EPA suddenly mandates a draconian diesel emission requirements that far exceeds Europe and the rest of the world. Another bizarre occurrence is Ford, Nissan, Subaru (and probably others) were set to release new efficient diesel motors for the US market in 2010 but then all of them, simultaneously, pulled the plug. It's not the diesel fumes but something just doesn't smell right.

Doug
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swiftbow For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (12-05-2009), MadisonMPG (12-05-2009)
Old 12-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Silver Turtle - '02 Ford Focus Zx3
90 day: 38.83 mpg (US)
Wow that would be fantastic! I mean my 02 Focus zx3 gets 43mpg on the highway and thats 20mpg off of this! How do they do it! I want it!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftbow View Post
For years we've been told we couldn't have the European high efficiency diesels because our fuel had too much sulfur. When this was no longer an obstacle, EPA suddenly mandates a draconian diesel emission requirements that far exceeds Europe and the rest of the world. Another bizarre occurrence is Ford, Nissan, Subaru (and probably others) were set to release new efficient diesel motors for the US market in 2010 but then all of them, simultaneously, pulled the plug. It's not the diesel fumes but something just doesn't smell right.

Doug
Probably an issue of refinery capacity? Diesel and heating fuel oil are refined at the same refineries? Of course endless wars also use a lot of fuel and diesel? When gas prices spiked...diesel was up more. Some places in the north east depend greatly on fuel oil for heat.

But gas engines don't use diesel.....

Gas taxes build roads?

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
Reply  Post New Thread