Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2023, 04:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ademonrower View Post
The "morality" bit is interesting, because many people see the whole EV vs. ICEV as a strongly moral, and not scientific, debate
In the end, many EV endorsers only care about showing off, either how they see themselves as morally superior, or just for being an early adopter of some tech they believe to be as ground-breaking as some media outlets are reporting.

Quote:
I talked about the problems of externalizing mining impacts and CO2 emissions, material and energy balances that didn't currently look favourable etc.; he nodded and seemed rather interested: we then carried some things to his car on the parking lot, and it transpired to be a large Mercedes plug-in hybrid (and his other car a smaller pure BEV), upon which he remarked "I'm afraid I haven't reached your ethical standards in this area"... What???!!! This is about knowledge, logic and reflection (in that order)!
Would you really expect that guy to care about logic? Sounds like he's just a fool willing to hear some mainstream media outlet choose whatever could be pointed out as being more "ethical" than anyone else and spoon-feed him.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
aerodynamic mods, fuel systems, hypermiling, tires, tyres