Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Zorro - '05 Volkswagen Fox
Hello from Costa Rica

Hi everybody, nice to be officialy part of this

Long story short, I found myself comming back to check ecomodder to often so I decided I would sign up.

Long story: I'm 28 and have always been interested in efficiency so I had come across ecomodder twice or thrice some years ago.

Some months ago I was offered reselling of one of those devices that promise to cut fuel consumption. I try to be always skeptic but always open minded. All the obvious reasons told me there was something fishy here but because it had been tested by national institutions with good results (electricity and communications, another one that teaches auto-mechanics and other blue collar skills, and a couple of other institutions) AND I couldn't find any other tests by somebody else, I set out to test it myself.

I thought testing one gasoline tank at a time would take me too long so I wanted a gadjet to help me. I knew there should be something as I had an instant and average mpg display in a sport peugeot I used to drive but I had never seen or heard of any add on device to track mpg. However, after some google iterations I came across a few and bought the SGe (it was hard! at the time, I am sure I wasn't getting anything usefull when I googled "device to track mpg").

Later I came across PLX and other devices and so I naturally I ended up in ecomodder more often. Then I started reading random posts and learned one could go so high above EPA ratings and that was it. Then I knew it would take me long before I could get of the hook of hipermiling.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

what device are you talking about?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Zorro - '05 Volkswagen Fox
Hi sc_frontier,

This device was the Z5, a israeli-made piece of copper you install in your air intake (the patent says its copper-silver-gold alloy although just copper works too, so my guess is its plain copper). Its supossed to energize/ionize/do magic on air so combustion is enhanced.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Interesting, I always wonder why some of these products aren't on new cars if they really work.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
I also don't trust those "miraculous" workarounds.

Reply  Post New Thread