Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Illinois!

Hows its going EcoModders..
I've been actually reading this forums here and there whenever a site directs me to here, but mainly I've joined due to SVO. I am from Honda-tech, but don't usually post cause I try to find the answers by searching. Well enough about how I got here..
I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX HB, with about 243k miles on it. Yes, everything in the car is stock nothing was swapped... YET! I still do get around 30-34 mpg in the city with the stock engine, but I do know that the temperature does rise once a month and then I have to refill the radiator, that's the reason why I want to swap out the engine. I was really thinking of just doing the D16Y5 and keep the Y7 tranny due to the gearings are high and can keep the engine running into lean burn most of the time. I am also contemplating on just doing a K24A2 swap and just tune it for fuel economy.. I think that since the Civic is 1000 + lbs less than the TSX, the engine would run with less stress. Let me know what you guys think. Hope to get some feedback about my decision... Thanks in advance.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have no answers for you but .....Welcome..

Reply  Post New Thread