Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cool Hellow from brownsville tx

I am new here and figured I would say hi before posting my first crazy idea.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Intermediate EcoDriver

Trigger - '07 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe
Team Mustang
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.76 mpg (US)

Big Red (retired) - '89 Ford F-250 4wd Custom
90 day: 18.13 mpg (US)

Big Red II - '13 Ford F-150 FX4
Pickups
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
Welcome!
What are you currently driving?
Please post fuel logs for your vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
Just 'cuz you can't do it, don't mean it can't be done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
The presence of traffic is the single most complicating factor of hypermiling. I know what I'm going to do, it's contending with whatever the hell all these other people are going to do that makes things hard.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
supernerdboy -

Welcome to EM! I'll say it first. Your crazy!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 08-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
supernerdboy -

Welcome to EM! I'll say it first. Your crazy!

CarloSW2
Lol, why do you say that?
My geo metro broke down and needs some new spark plug wires and somebody smarter then me to work on the Fuel injection system. It is a 94 metro LSI Geo. I have got on freeway 44MPH first tank with charging system not working battery dead, 4th gear, full gas (sense fixed that needed new light bulb, I bought a truck battery to get the car back from MI, auto zone charged my battery up when I got to Dallas, it was about an 1400 trip to here) got 46MPG, (we were doing a MPG comparison, my sister got 49MPG with her 2011 insight, I say I won because I payed $500 + $120 battery for my geo, she paid about 20k for her insight, about 40x more $)
I started metering with fill-ups in the 1st month before the car stalled on the beach. Got 38 mostly city (made me start driving better) got 42.3 city. last tank was 44.1 both city highway. my goal is 50mpg, and I am stripping inside to lose 150 pounds, ac as well. next goal is electric back weal drive. for 75+ mpg. solar panels built under plexiglass roof drop and other areo mods to get 100mpg. But still be able to go 60MPH to get to work faster. Also thinking about getting a hybrid electric bicycle. All step in this direction .

Anyway I am wanting to sell my 90 BMW 530 with burnt transmission. my naber offered me 600 and she will make payments. I know I can get about 500 out of it scrap. Should I advertise it more or just do my nabar a fever? 15MPG Floring the whole tank 17 driving normal. then transmission burned after I was stupid and poped it in gear from 6000 RPM. I dumb, wait only crazy

I have a 2005 Chrysler crossfire it has 40000 miles and want to sell it. Best tank 31.2MPG at 56MPH driving behind a camper trailer 10ft - 1/8mile following distance, eco driving when I got to hills. It got a motor change recently because the smart Germans thought it would be a good idea to have the air (water intake 5inches from the rainy roads. anyway a work mate offered me 6500 I almost do not wont to let it go for so low. but not sure if I can sell it for the kbb value of 11k if it has a motor change, all I realy want is about 8k or so for it. Do you think I would regret selling it at 6500? (in a 1%bank account that is $65 a year)
Then recently the harmonic balance fell off leaving me with no transportation. I am going to fix it tomorrow when the new bolt comes in.

So in the mean time I found a OK truck with 122k 1996 ram 1500, only problem is the auto transmission go's up to 4k before up shifting to 2and 3, 4th shifts just fine never got it to 5th. and the speedometer does not work. I am hoping both are sensor problems and not a transmission dieing on me again. (BMW) with high RPM driving I must be getting about 12MPG, $75 fill now half empty, 4 days later. no way to tell how fair I have driven. Use a Tom tom for speed read! But I got it for only $1200 and I can scrap it for $700 and it has a nice Sony radio, so I would say I could get 800 from it, 400 dolor lose if the trans brakes. Or I could put a nice manual in it for maybe $100 plus help from a friend maybe $200. $2200 KBB truck for 1500?

I am only 20 and I have had 4 cars all of which I still own. When I was at my parents, I drove 2 road masters and got about 21MPG avg. I drove lots of trucks, cars, equipment for are old family business. So I have now moved from Greenville MI to Brownsville TX. Bean here a year. got the Geo when I was visiting family in MI 4 mouths ago.

Summery: I do not like cars vary much.
I did not like grammmeeer classss,
and buying gas. however I do like saving money.
I want my electric + ICE Geo to be independent driven so I do not get stranded on the side of the road. And I am trying to decide if I should sell cars and get a good bike.
Awh ya, and I might be going crazy like cfg83 is warning me.

Reply  Post New Thread