Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The VX - '95 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 38.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Wagon View Post
The filter only applies to automatics. Manual transmissions do not have a filter. You can magnetize the drain plug to help draw metal filings away from the gearset, but that's about it.
Entirely glad that you told me this before I bought the filter, opened up my tranny, and searched for it relentlessly. Saved me from looking like a total amateur at the auto shop where I would have bought the filter as well. #nicesave

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
No problem. Though you would have a hard time opening up the manual box. Automatics have a pan at the bottom that you unbolt, and the filter is behind it. All you need to do on the manual is pull the drain plug at the bottom on the side, let it drain, replace the plug, then remove the fill plug higher up on the side and fill it until fluid starts to come back out through the filler hole. Though I have found it's always a good idea to remove the filler plug first, just in case it's stuck or something. That way you don't end up with a drained gearbox and no way to refill it.

Tags
civic vx