Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
lamebums -

Wow. I knew the Echo was an MPG machine, but 50 MPG @ bone stock just rocks.

CarloSW2
My most recent tank wax 63.6-something. I don't know how much more I can get out of it bone stock, though.

Especially since my tank speed averages are in the ~25 MPH range according to the scangauge (when my commute is 80% highway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox
For the grill block I'd be completely comfortable blocking the entire upper portion of the grill. I'd go with a nice black coroplast over it with something similar to what I did with the Matrix (see my build thread). It would be very easy to make, decrease aero drag, and decrease warm up time. For winter, I'd probably mostly or entirely block the bottom section too. You'll have to watch the SG to make sure your coolant temps don't go too high and since you drive some city (IIRC) listen for your radiator fan when you come to stops. If its kicking in a lot you have too much blocked. The fan will start kicking in so much that it'll negate the benefits of the block. Grill blocks are a great place to start though.
Hi Daox--

I'm thinking of getting a second SG to give me more gauges to watch although in terms of MPG I think I'm trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip by this point.

Off topic, have you been to CleanMPG lately? The economy run idea you and I started has become quite a monster.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
I read cmpg here and there, mainly the news items on new cars and such. I don't post much because there are so many knowledgable users there already. Questions are usually answered before I can finish typing. I have seen that the economy run has really taken off. You've done a good job with it.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
lamebums -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamebums View Post
My most recent tank wax 63.6-something. I don't know how much more I can get out of it bone stock, though.

Especially since my tank speed averages are in the ~25 MPH range according to the scangauge (when my commute is 80% highway)
Wow.

Quote:
Hi Daox--

I'm thinking of getting a second SG to give me more gauges to watch although in terms of MPG I think I'm trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip by this point.

Off topic, have you been to CleanMPG lately? The economy run idea you and I started has become quite a monster.
You probably already know because of your , but a second SG would probably fight with the first one for data from the port.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread